Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

you cant see it, but i have my surprised face on.  And i'm kidding when i say that.  Big Boulder has 1/2 of the trails open as of today.  That is probably indicative of Vails commitment to the 5 PA resorts.  

Probably the same would happen if one of the biggies would buy Blue...

We were at Mt Snow the day that crowd pic was shot 12/31 - and it easily took the title from Blue of worst lift line I have ever been in. We made it though in an hour. Others waited 90 min I heard. But only waited in it once. After that we made the long traverse to north face and stuck to 2 upper mountain lifts with waits from 0 to 10 min, so not too bad. We got 14 runs in and there was about 4" of fresh real soft snow which could be found most of day due to the few people getting up to the top from the base due to the limited lifts and long traverse to North Face. Kids were awesome handling all the open blacks with soft bumps forming on North Face

New Years Day we went to Okemo, where lines were small and almost all lifts were running, but conditions were more standard groomed with fluffiness only at sites of trails and bumps only where seeded.

Okemo did a much better job dealing with icing of detatchable lifts, reportedly by moving all chairs into indoor storage overnight.

Both days easily beat skiing PA, but we will likely hit Frost again Sunday

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

21 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

We were at Mt Snow the day that crowd pic was shot 12/31 - and it easily took the title from Blue of worst lift line I have ever been in. We made it though in an hour. Others waited 90 min I heard. But only waited in it once. After that we made the long traverse to north face and stuck to 2 upper mountain lifts with waits from 0 to 10 min, so not too bad. We got 14 runs in and there was about 4" of fresh real soft snow which could be found most of day due to the few people getting up to the top from the base due to the limited lifts and long traverse to North Face. Kids were awesome handling all the open blacks with soft bumps forming on North Face

New Years Day we went to Okemo, where lines were small and almost all lifts were running, but conditions were more standard groomed with fluffiness only at sites of trails and bumps only where seeded.

Okemo did a much better job dealing with icing of detatchable lifts, reportedly by moving all chairs into indoor storage overnight.

Both days easily beat skiing PA, but we will likely hit Frost again Sunday

How much was okemo lift ticket??