Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

I will report. I noted I waited in one horrendous one (over an hour) at Mt Snow a couple weeks ago, then avoided anything over 5-10 min the rest of the day there and the next day at Okemo. The horrendous one was a result of all the detactchables being out of service due to an ice storm the day before.

My experience with Blue on a holiday weekend anywhere between 930 and 3 is typically 10 min waits with VIP line, and 20 min without VIP line, for shorter runs.

When I didn't have a pass anywhere, I typically skied Montage on holiday weekends as I have never waited more than ~2 min on their Nothface (Phoebe Snow) lift.

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I will report. I noted I waited in one horrendous one (over an hour) at Mt Snow a couple weeks ago, then avoided anything over 5-10 min the rest of the day there and the next day at Okemo. The horrendous one was a result of all the detactchables being out of service due to an ice storm the day before.

My experience with Blue on a holiday weekend anywhere between 930 and 3 is typically 10 min waits with VIP line, and 20 min without VIP line, for shorter runs.

When I didn't have a pass anywhere, I typically skied Montage on holiday weekends as I have never waited more than ~2 min on their Nothface (Phoebe Snow) lift.

Have fun in Vermont!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Beats skiing PA

And Jackson Hole, Crested Butte, Steamboat, Powder Mt, Snowbird, Snowbasin, Brighton, and somewhere the fuck in Switzerland, blows VT away, especially the 2 Mountains you have a pass to, (they were voted by Ski mag to be the 2 biggest shitshows for MLK Weekend, and have the least tasty cocoa)

Again, personally, im not sure if skiing Okemo and Mt Snow, beats PA, with the travel associated with it. Especially after the loss the East coast suffered over the past week.  Its gonna take a little while to right the ship anywhere on the EC.  Travel up a little further North, and you will get to something way better, and maybe worth all the driving around.  

I'm not hating on Okemo either, my parents had a slopeside condo there for years.  In fact, they had a townhouse there too.  Both slopeside at Okemo, in VT.  The one place, you could ski to/from the door.  It was right off the Satchem Trail, In Vermont, at Okemo.  I think i skied Okemo 3 times maybe.  I did stay at Slopeside Okemo once and drive to Stowe and Sugarbush, in Vermont, to ski New England powder.  Okemo is a good mountain for your kids to ski at, its not a super challenging place.  

Did i mention Vermont, Okemo, and Slopeside enough?  i hope so, i was laying it on pretty thick.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

My experience with you on a holiday weekend is anywhere from :30-3:30 of terrible holiday music and falalalalots of complaining. 

• Sad 2

I seriously considered Stowe and Wildcat/Attitash for this weekend.

This plan won out due to a combination of driving time and ability to book a place with a shuttle to Okemo that will reduce need to drive in the snow on Sat and Sun.  Doing Mt Snow on way home Monday when snow is not in the forecast.

Kids surprised me by preferring Mt Snow to Okemo last time, even with the one ridiculous lift line and the long traverse needed to avoid waiting in it more than once.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

43 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

And Jackson Hole, Crested Butte, Steamboat, Powder Mt, Snowbird, Snowbasin, Brighton, and somewhere the fuck in Switzerland, blows VT away, especially the 2 Mountains you have a pass to, (they were voted by Ski mag to be the 2 biggest shitshows for MLK Weekend, and have the least tasty cocoa)

Again, personally, im not sure if skiing Okemo and Mt Snow, beats PA, with the travel associated with it. Especially after the loss the East coast suffered over the past week.  Its gonna take a little while to right the ship anywhere on the EC.  Travel up a little further North, and you will get to something way better, and maybe worth all the driving around.  

I'm not hating on Okemo either, my parents had a slopeside condo there for years.  In fact, they had a townhouse there too.  Both slopeside at Okemo, in VT.  The one place, you could ski to/from the door.  It was right off the Satchem Trail, In Vermont, at Okemo.  I think i skied Okemo 3 times maybe.  I did stay at Slopeside Okemo once and drive to Stowe and Sugarbush, in Vermont, to ski New England powder.  Okemo is a good mountain for your kids to ski at, its not a super challenging place.  

Did i mention Vermont, Okemo, and Slopeside enough?  i hope so, i was laying it on pretty thick.  

Yep there are better places for sure. For me it is not worth going to them for only a 3 day weekend. Might make a game day call and road trip from Okemo up to Stowe one day if the conditions seem a lot better there and roads are not too snowy. Hitting Vail in April.

17 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep there are better places for sure. For me it is not worth going to them for only a 3 day weekend. Might make a game day call and road trip from Okemo up to Stowe one day if the conditions seem a lot better there and roads are not too snowy. Hitting Vail in April.

Vail is great. 

Lines werent bad Sat at Okemo or Mon at Mount Snow. They got bad Sun at Okemo (and reportedly at Mt Snow too) - longest one was about 30 min and waited 15 min several other times  - but no surprise when the middle day of a long weekend is the warmest and has 6" of fresh snow. Still got a good amount of great skiing in with my girls.

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brattleboro Fri and Sun nights (nicest of 3 places I have stayed in Brattleboro this year, but not nicest Hampton I have stayed at)  and at Colonial Inn in Ludlow on Sat (more expensive and much lower quality than Hampton but wanted to be a mile mountain to get out in 6" of fresh snow Sun).

Lots of traffic in CT on Fri eve and on NYS thruway on Sun eve. Exhausted by end of packed weekend skiing 3 full days.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this discount while looking for Elk specials if I end up going, looks like it can be used at a bunch of different PA mountains in case anyone is interested.

I couldn't see any restrictions or anything like that on the coupon or elsewhere. One thing it did say though was the the coupon needed to be printed.

$5 isn't much but it's basically a beer, right?

note: this is for midweek.

ski-pa.png

Edited by Benm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1