Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

25 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

The cheap rate Kyle mentioned was for basic economy.  Still an economy seat, but they market it as no frills.

Main cabin = economy on UA

Main cabin extra = economyplus on UA

Worst part of basic economy on American is the late boarding group which often leads to having to check carry on. Having their credit card moves you up. Then the worst part is not getting to pick your seat until check in

Coincidentally, just bought a small chunk of AA stock today

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Worst part of basic economy on American is the late boarding group which often leads to having to check carry on. Having their credit card moves you up. Then the worst part is not getting to pick your seat until check in

Screw all that. Wow AA stock is like half the price of a few weeks ago.  Vail stock was up 17% today after losing almost half of its value. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 hours ago, enjoralas said:

We flew American to Utah with the ski club this year. Doubt I will ever fly them again, unless I have absolutely no choice or the flight is almost free. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What was wrong with American?  

Our flight left at 5 am. They did not have enough people to check our bags. Hardly any of the kiosks worked to self check. The people that used the working kiosks got charged twice on their credit cards. Having to pay to take skis with us. Ran out of overhead space when the plane was no where near full. On the way home, some people’s skis ended up in Dallas, not Philadelphia. They did get their skis next day via Fed ex 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Our flight left at 5 am. They did not have enough people to check our bags. Hardly any of the kiosks worked to self check. The people that used the working kiosks got charged twice on their credit cards. Having to pay to take skis with us. Ran out of overhead space when the plane was no where near full. On the way home, some people’s skis ended up in Dallas, not Philadelphia. They did get their skis next day via Fed ex 

Wow just wow yeah that sort of thing never happens on United or Southwest lol

• Confused 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:53 PM, AtomicSkier said:

The cheap rate Kyle mentioned was for basic economy.  Still an economy seat, but they market it as no frills.

Main cabin = economy on UA

Main cabin extra = economyplus on UA

Thanks for clarifying that. I rarely ever fly (if i do it’s a flight that my job books so who knows what you get) so I have no idea what the different levels are. 

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It got you from point A to point B what more do you want. 

The whole scene at the Philadelphia airport leaving was poor planning on their part. They knew a large number of people would be checking ski and snowboard equipment, not enough staff to check them, and the kiosks were probably from 1987. I get to the airport at 230 am, and don’t get to security until 4 am. 

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/with-chairlifts-closed-backcountry-danger-now-extends-to-what-is-typically-in-bounds-terrain/?fbclid=IwAR1PeuqLNbfVhwj0ECagtAYkQKZ1HKKguzfJdjMHwZrxncFv_E4GFk0gb00

agree with this. Lots of people on the FB groups asking, “I have no gear or education, but where is it safe to backcountry ski?”

Edited by Barb
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Barb said:

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/with-chairlifts-closed-backcountry-danger-now-extends-to-what-is-typically-in-bounds-terrain/?fbclid=IwAR1PeuqLNbfVhwj0ECagtAYkQKZ1HKKguzfJdjMHwZrxncFv_E4GFk0gb00

agree with this. Lots of people on the FB groups asking, “I have no gear or education, but where is it safe to backcountry ski?”

Nowhere except American Dream. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Front range Colorado has to have one of the highest concentration of gamers who think they’re experts cause they skied a Black Diamond at winter park.  The same people in the Ikon group on Facebook who are still demanding compensation cause they didn’t get as many days as they wanted on their pass. 

I only got 5 days on my epic pass (6 if you count the one run before my injury) all at Crested Butte. Not complaining, it paid for itself. I just ordered Full Epic for next season since there was talk of a PASR Telluride trip. Don’t disappoint me. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1