Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

33 minutes ago, Barb said:

I only got 5 days on my epic pass (6 if you count the one run before my injury) all at Crested Butte. Not complaining, it paid for itself. I just ordered Full Epic for next season since there was talk of a PASR Telluride trip. Don’t disappoint me. 

TFTI!

34 minutes ago, Barb said:

I only got 5 days on my epic pass (6 if you count the one run before my injury) all at Crested Butte. Not complaining, it paid for itself. I just ordered Full Epic for next season since there was talk of a PASR Telluride trip. Don’t disappoint me. 

Barb, you can only come if you attend the planning session this summer 😄.  Everyone has to stay 6 feet apart, though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You took a run. It counts.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Found this pretty cool game called Grand Mountain Adventure for my phone. Not sure of any other way to get my ski fix at this point. Pretty cool game where you go and explore various different mountains in Europe and whatnot.
32eb93470b1e89f86af0e862d03b7ae7.jpg

I’m holding out the tiniest bit of hope that come Late May one or two western resorts open. I might ski tomorrow if the poconos gets 2-4”+ stay tuned!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Found this pretty cool game called Grand Mountain Adventure for my phone. Not sure of any other way to get my ski fix at this point. Pretty cool game where you go and explore various different mountains in Europe and whatnot.
32eb93470b1e89f86af0e862d03b7ae7.jpg

That’s pretty fun. Thanks 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moe ghoul said:

Chance for 3-6" Monday night. :chea: Parts of S. VT could get up to 12".

Hows the snowpack holding up on smugglers notch @SallyCat post pictures from Ascutney and looks like it’s mud season there.  You know what they say if you don’t like the weather in Vermont wait five minutes..I used to have a T-shirt that said that 

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hows the snowpack holding up on smugglers notch @SallyCat post pictures from Ascutney and looks like it’s mud season there.  You know what they say if you don’t like the weather in Vermont wait five minutes..I used to have a T-shirt that said that 

Wow I’ve never heard that before. 

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m holding out the tiniest bit of hope that come Late May one or two western resorts open. I might ski tomorrow if the poconos gets 2-4”+ stay tuned!!!

Where are you gonna ski? Did you hear the news that ski resorts in the Poconos closed due to some virus?

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 2

Winter wonderland up here, but it's falling on bare ground. Resort trails still have snow, but obviously it's not being groomed so it can be pretty bulletproof depending on the weather. 

There's been a push to discourage people from skiing at closed resorts or in the backcountry, the logic being that if you hurt yourself you'll be a drain on medical resources and cause more exposure. Our hospitals and grocery stores are small and wiped out and even Dartmouth-Hitchcock is asking people to sew masks for them because they have no protective supplies.  There is definitely a strong current of hostility toward people coming up from out of state to play outside up here. I don't have a dog in that fight, but just be aware that people may not be happy to see you driving around Vermont with Jersey plates and skis in the car these days.

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, SallyCat said:

Winter wonderland up here, but it's falling on bare ground. Resort trails still have snow, but obviously it's not being groomed so it can be pretty bulletproof depending on the weather. 

There's been a push to discourage people from skiing at closed resorts or in the backcountry, the logic being that if you hurt yourself you'll be a drain on medical resources and cause more exposure. Our hospitals and grocery stores are small and wiped out and even Dartmouth-Hitchcock is asking people to sew masks for them because they have no protective supplies.  There is definitely a strong current of hostility toward people coming up from out of state to play outside up here. I don't have a dog in that fight, but just be aware that people may not be happy to see you driving around Vermont with Jersey plates and skis in the car these days.

There used to be bumper stickers that said don’t jersey Vermont. Thanks for stopping in.  The Blue crue misses you. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There used to be bumper stickers that said don’t jersey Vermont. Thanks for stopping in.  The Blue crue misses you. 

I hate that "locals vs. outsiders" mentality; I mean the state's biggest economic sector is tourism after all. There are tons of people here in my town waiting this thing out in their vacation homes; I don't blame them and haven't heard much of any local griping about it either. They're ordering take-out from local restaurants and supporting our general store. I think it's just that whether you're local or a visitor, try to make good decisions and don't unnecessarily create a burden on the system right now. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SallyCat said:

I hate that "locals vs. outsiders" mentality; I mean the state's biggest economic sector is tourism after all. There are tons of people here in my town waiting this thing out in their vacation homes; I don't blame them and haven't heard much of any local griping about it either. They're ordering take-out from local restaurants and supporting our general store. I think it's just that whether you're local or a visitor, try to make good decisions and don't unnecessarily create a burden on the system right now. 

A lot of the locals see tourists as rich people who live a life of leisure.  I went to the university of Vermont and the locals there are the same way towards college students. Very bad town gown relationships.  Jackson hole locals hate on tourists right in front of them.  Anybody that has money is called a wallet yet most of the JH locals have money...their early bird season pass is like $1650. When I lived in Montana my one roommate was like these damn Californians moving here and changing our politics...they hate California in Montucky...but were happy as fuck when they got a Target and a TGI Friday’s 10 years after the rest of the country. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SallyCat said:

As seen on FB....

76F799C5-9562-4049-ABFC-A7F7A6B1D8B7.thumb.jpeg.6cdf74dd2a5b3b27817abeaa2331b018.jpeg

• Sad 1