Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

As seen on FB....

76F799C5-9562-4049-ABFC-A7F7A6B1D8B7.thumb.jpeg.6cdf74dd2a5b3b27817abeaa2331b018.jpeg

Fuck those fucks imagine if everybody took that advice next ski season and went to hunter mountain or Loon instead and the thing is many Vermonters are transplants like their beloved Bernie Sanders..Ben and Jerry and the late Jake Burton. Assholes

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

I sort of get the whole dont bring your Corona to our state thing, but Vermont is really high on the list of states with the most amount of second homes.  Really high, like 4th or something.  And if im not mistaken, Vermonters pay less in property taxes then the out of state homeowner.  They love the people coming in to feed their economy, but i guess kind of want to bite the hand that feeds them, sort of.  

Sign is super classy though.  Personally i would have used a few different colored markers, and maybe some glitter to really drive the point home.  

• Like 1

The sign is definitely an example of ignorance. But one reason resort areas don't want second homeowners coming to social distance is that the hospitals in those areas are usually small with few beds and not well equipped to handle the volume that could be experienced by the increase population. Metropolitan hospitals are much better equipped to handle a surge in cases.

4 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

The sign is definitely an example of ignorance. But one reason resort areas don't want second homeowners coming to social distance is that the hospitals in those areas are usually small with few beds and not well equipped to handle the volume that could be experienced by the increase population. Metropolitan hospitals are much better equipped to handle a surge in cases.

Saw a story on the news where the towns down at the jersey shore were saying exactly that. They don't want the people with vacation homes coming down to avoid the city and clogging up the system down there that can't handle it. 

Fuck those fucks imagine if everybody took that advice next ski season and went to hunter mountain or Loon instead and the thing is many Vermonters are transplants like their beloved Bernie Sanders..Ben and Jerry and the late Jake Burton. Assholes

Let's ski at whiteface next season in protest. You down?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I sort of get the whole dont bring your Corona to our state thing, but Vermont is really high on the list of states with the most amount of second homes.  Really high, like 4th or something.  And if im not mistaken, Vermonters pay less in property taxes then the out of state homeowner.  They love the people coming in to feed their economy, but i guess kind of want to bite the hand that feeds them, sort of.  

Sign is super classy though.  Personally i would have used a few different colored markers, and maybe some glitter to really drive the point home.  

You had me at glitter. 

948CCE54-A14F-4E40-826F-BE555F5C15EF.jpeg

• Like 1

I already told you on the lift a few weeks ago I wanna go...we should try to do it with the original Jackson hole crew from 2018 plus anybody else who wants to come. 

Sounds like a plan. I'll put it out there later in the summer / fall. Maybe we can book that house that Zonked posted a few weeks ago.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I figure wherever you live, city or country, your local hospital is about to become overwhelmed. It's going to be a nightmare everywhere. At least here in VT it's easier to spread out and we're not all touching the same subway pole. 

Plus the locals here aren't exactly being responsible all the time, either. I was booted off the Backcountry Touring in the Northeast FB page for saying that shredding trees in the backcountry isn't ok just because you are "local." If you're hurt you'll still need to be rescued by people who don't have adequate protection, you'll tie up an ambulance for hours and take already-exhausted staff away from other patients. Some dude said all the naysayers were just "jealous" of everyone who was "getting some", and I was like hey brah, I don't want to drown in my own lung fluid because you can't stay home for a few weeks.  I don't regret saying it and don't really care about being booted, but I hate that there's a whole FB group saying it's ok to be selfish and irresponsible if you're a local. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I figure wherever you live, city or country, your local hospital is about to become overwhelmed. It's going to be a nightmare everywhere. At least here in VT it's easier to spread out and we're not all touching the same subway pole. 

Plus the locals here aren't exactly being responsible all the time, either. I was booted off the Backcountry Touring in the Northeast FB page for saying that shredding trees in the backcountry isn't ok just because you are "local." If you're hurt you'll still need to be rescued by people who don't have adequate protection, you'll tie up an ambulance for hours and take already-exhausted staff away from other patients. Some dude said all the naysayers were just "jealous" of everyone who was "getting some", and I was like hey brah, I don't want to drown in my own lung fluid because you can't stay home for a few weeks.  I don't regret saying it and don't really care about being booted, but I hate that there's a whole FB group saying it's ok to be selfish and irresponsible if you're a local. 

You got kicked out of the group for saying that? Damn. I missed that all. I would have supported you! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

People are just stupid and selfish these days, like the idiot spring breakers saying shit like: "If I get it, I get it, so be it".
Yeah, and you're gonna get it and then take up a hospital bed and maybe a ventilator for your stupid actions.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Vernonters are so surly...