Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There’s a town with your name next to Lehighton..

Yup, I used to drive past it all the time when going up to visit my grandmother.
I always asked my Dad to drive through it because of the name.
Of course his response was, NO!  Sit down and shut up!

• Like 1

Let’s hope we are gonna luck out and have an April with no 80 degree days as I predicted April 5th. First time in 20 years. 

Ski season is over... at least here so why is that a good thing? I'm only anti warm weather November through February. After that it's game on. March nights at blue when it's 50 degrees out with soft, but not sloppy, snow and no school groups (aka no crowds whatsoever) are beyond le tits.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Ski season is over... at least here so why is that a good thing? I'm only anti warm weather November through February. After that it's game on. March nights at blue when it's 50 degrees out with soft, but not sloppy, snow and no school groups (aka no crowds whatsoever) are beyond le tits.

Because these cool temperatures are a bonus...we’ll have enough mall ball weather mid summer. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Spring nights are one of the few times I’ll go up for a night session. Unfortunate that it didn’t occur this year. 

• Sad 1

Just took a ride to the upper lot at 1700 Ft, 34 degrees, heavy mixed precip likely to turn to snow within the next hour or 2. Supposed to be non stop into midday monday 

GONNA BE

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!! 🤿

Until 11:00am EDT, Mon Apr 27

Action Recommended: Execute a pre-planned activity identified in the instructions

Issued by: Burlington - VT, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT MONDAY... * WHAT...Wet snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 6 inches above 1000 feet with localized 6 to 8 inches across central-southern Vermont. Meanwhile, an 1 inch or less below 1000 feet. * WHERE...Portions of central, eastern, and northern Vermont and western Clinton and western Essex Counties in northern New York. * WHEN...Now until 11 AM EDT Monday. * IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions across the higher terrain, along with isolated power outages possible. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A mix of rain and snow will change to all snow above 1000 feet by midnight. The heaviest snowfall will occur late tonight through the early morning hours, with localized snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour possible. The snow will taper off to a mix of rain and snow showers by mid morning Monday. 🕺🎿❄️🌨️⛷️

• Like 4

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vail-resorts-provides-update-on-season-pass-plans-for-the-20202021-north-american-ski-season-301047362.html?fbclid=IwAR0QPQENbgr1oHLSC9yi12uRbjEPosKL5jHH00TiNst7uKaA2WbWBG5kou0

Vail released a statement about passes.  I think it’s pretty fair.  Basically says they will give 20% credit towards next year’s pass.  If you have used your pass less than 5xs they will give you up to  80% credit. Plus free ‘insurance’ if something happens to shorten next year’s season. 

Edited by Barb
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1