Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

1 hour ago, Barb said:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vail-resorts-provides-update-on-season-pass-plans-for-the-20202021-north-american-ski-season-301047362.html?fbclid=IwAR0QPQENbgr1oHLSC9yi12uRbjEPosKL5jHH00TiNst7uKaA2WbWBG5kou0

Vail released a statement about passes.  I think it’s pretty fair.  Basically says they will give 20% credit towards next year’s pass.  If you have used your pass less than 5xs they will give you up to  80% credit. Plus free ‘insurance’ if something happens to shorten next year’s season. 

Wow I think that is incredibly fair. Way more than I would have expected them to do. Good on them for doing that. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 3

Did you all see that there's a lawsuit for Vail/Epic refusing a refund. I see both sides but it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out.
https://www.law360.com/classaction/articles/1263013/vail-resorts-sued-over-ski-fees-during-covid-19

Well, today, Ikon sent an email and shifted their marketing campaigns. I get it. Everyone is hyper communicating but I wish they thought through the communication. 
  • There's no email personalization like a  simple name or greeting in the line. 
  • Would be cool to have personalization tied to my ski stats and worked it into the email copy. 
  • There's no link to sign up or to be reminded in the future. 
  • There's no FAQ linked to it. For examples,
    • Pass insurance won't cover COVID-19 closures so they don't address what they would do if there's no season. They really only mention a payment plan. 
    • Would they offer the discount to people who already paid for their pass? 
There's so many unknowns, I get it. But, I wish these blanket emails were crafty more thoughtfully. Here's the copy for anyone interested. 
Ikon-Email.thumb.png.fc278db7e3d67db47e5378ead95a89ae.png
@toast21602

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is pretty fair.  This whole Covid-19 thing is unfair to everyone, which includes big business.  Not sure why people are hell bent on going after the resorts "when they didnt get to use their pass enough".  

I get it if people didnt use theirs at all, but i think the percentage of people who were saving their ski time to after March 15th, is incredibly small.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Barb said:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vail-resorts-provides-update-on-season-pass-plans-for-the-20202021-north-american-ski-season-301047362.html?fbclid=IwAR0QPQENbgr1oHLSC9yi12uRbjEPosKL5jHH00TiNst7uKaA2WbWBG5kou0

Vail released a statement about passes.  I think it’s pretty fair.  Basically says they will give 20% credit towards next year’s pass.  If you have used your pass less than 5xs they will give you up to  80% credit. Plus free ‘insurance’ if something happens to shorten next year’s season. 

Nice and crazy that some used pass under five times. 

31 days skied on pass (including 3 in Spring 2019)  and I get 20% refund and better (and free) pass insurance for next year. Awesome move by Vail.

And 20% rebate is actually pretty close to the usage I missed as I expect I would have skied 4 more PA/NY/VT days in addition to the 4 I had booked at Vail. So I got in 31 of planned 39 days - very close to 80%

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

31 days skied on pass (including 3 in Spring 2019)  and I get 20% refund and better (and free) pass insurance for next year. Awesome move by Vail.

And 20% rebate is actually pretty close to the usage I missed as I expect I would have skied 4 more PA/NY/VT days in addition to the 4 I had booked at Vail. So I got in 31 of planned 39 days - very close to 80%

But those Vail days have more value than Jack Frost and hunter days so you actually lost out...sucks I suck. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But those Vail days have more value than Jack Frost and hunter days so you actually lost out...sucks I suck. 

31 days for $560 including 21 in NY VT or NH. I am more than happy with what I got for $19/day. Even if I were to discount PA skiing as worthless that is $27/day to ski Hunter or better

And got an even better deal on each kid's skiing. They came out to $16/day

More per day on the pass to be sure than when we got 3 blue passes last year for a total of $600 - but then we spent a bunch more in VT and CO.

Epic passes were well worth it IMO. Gonna fo it again next year if there is a skison.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

31 days for $560 including 21 in NY VT or NH. I am more than happy with what I got for $19/day. Even if I were to discount PA skiing as worthless that is $27/day to ski Hunter or better

And got an even better deal on each kid's skiing. They came out to $16/day

More per day on the pass to be sure than when we got 3 blue passes last year for a total of $600 - but then we spent a bunch more in VT and CO.

Epic passes were well worth it IMO. Gonna fo it again next year if there is a skison.

Did your band make an Easter song??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

"Go for it" reminds me of this which, if anyone is having a bad day, should watch this and enjoy. Always makes me laugh

I need to vape up first before I watch this.  Corey Feldman was great in the Goonies and got to have sleepovers with michael Jackson