Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

10 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I got back from Colorado on the 4th, had to put 3 weeks in at the office (new project coordination etc), then I had a time sensitive issue with the project, and I just wasn’t able to get away. I was supposed to leave the around the 15th for 3 weeks, and then they all started dropping like flies.

How is business now?

Almost as crazy as getting A-Basin reservations was getting reservations for Great Adventure's "what's old is new" Drive Thru Safari - but the kids and I are in for admission at the 9am members only opening tomorrow. 

Maybe we can ski down a giraffe.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Almost as crazy as getting A-Basin reservations was getting reservations for Great Adventure's "what's old is new" Drive Thru Safari - but the kids and I are in for admission at the 9am members only opening tomorrow. 

Maybe we can ski down a giraffe.

You should wear your Members Only jacket...great to have you back posting again Ski2Live

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my brother skied ABasin today. He said..

”The coverage was decent. And there’s nobody there which was great  ...There were lots of good snow up top. Toward the bottom it became icy slush mix”

DA70F422-73F5-484C-9DC8-D0BAF8D3A4FA.thumb.jpeg.0a088a91dee38312a32279c9ac03c58f.jpeg

Since I’ve been working remotely and will be for the foreseeable future, I’ve definitely considered making the drive and quarantining with my brother and future SIL. Its tempting... 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, skiincy said:

my brother skied ABasin today. He said..

”The coverage was decent. And there’s nobody there which was great  ...There were lots of good snow up top. Toward the bottom it became icy slush mix”

DA70F422-73F5-484C-9DC8-D0BAF8D3A4FA.thumb.jpeg.0a088a91dee38312a32279c9ac03c58f.jpeg

Since I’ve been working remotely and will be for the foreseeable future, I’ve definitely considered making the drive and quarantining with my brother and future SIL. Its tempting... 

There’s no more quarantining...that word is passé...I hope.  In the Ikon pass group and also on the Teton gravity research forums it was said that a solid amount of people with reservations to ski Abasin were no shows.  Out of 600 people no way you can expect to have everybody show up..think about weekend roll call threads on PASR..people say they’re gonna come but something else comes up..same with restaurant t reservations.  Was just unreal that somebody lucky enough to get a spot yesterday at their reopening day was complaining that there weren’t more people. Anyway if you do head west write a report!!!  I think based on snowpack at Abasin they’ll make mid June.  No way Fourth of July like last season..not with the forecast and snowpack.  Im sort of sad that I skied Abasin 6 seasons in a row and that streak is over.  My Jackson hole streak of 16 seasons in a row still stands!!! Cue..We are the champions!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I thought you’re all about the 80s

Why would you think that? I mean It was fun being a kid in the 80s and there's some great stuff that came out of the 80s from a pop culture perspective...no doubt. But even a 10 year old Ridgeracer would've told you that REO Speedwagon is trash. The best decade for music in my humble opinion was the 90s.

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

Why would you think that? I mean It was fun being a kid in the 80s and there's some great stuff that came out of the 80s from a pop culture perspective...no doubt. But even a 10 year old Ridgeracer would've told you that REO Speedwagon is trash. The best decade for music in my humble opinion was the 90s.

QFT

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Vanilla ice kicked off the 90s nicely