Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

360010559b3f89aa2b72b5ea53fb2850.jpg

Took that Saturday morning while I was up in VT for refresher. I think they got 2” at the peak. I’m sure somebody got 7” and someone took out the rock skis, but I didn’t hear of any firsthand reports here at the Bush.

Did you walk up to touch the snow...how were the leaves???  Cold enough to wear a fleece???   TFTI

Did you walk up to touch the snow...how were the leaves???  Cold enough to wear a fleece???   TFTI

It was quite chilly Saturday morning. I think it hovered somewhere around 30. The leaves were past peak, but some tree species still had plenty of color. I was in training all weekend, but my wife hiked to the top of the Valley House chair. The snow line was somewhere around 2,400 feet, so she got to touch the snow.

31 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

It was quite chilly Saturday morning. I think it hovered somewhere around 30. The leaves were past peak, but some tree species still had plenty of color. I was in training all weekend, but my wife hiked to the top of the Valley House chair. The snow line was somewhere around 2,400 feet, so she got to touch the snow.

Today is the first day where foliage is looking pretty nice.  Probably 35-40% right now. 

18 hours ago, Barb said:

f45322badf24e9cf6fae688449d7bf96.jpg

Live webcam at WP. Just read they closed down Berthoud Pass due to multiple accidents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was watching the webcams all day at Abasin yesterday.  Amazing how empty it is there now that they aren’t on the Epic pass. 

• Like 1

Got 4 days at Attitash and Wildcat booked for Dec and 5 at Vail booked for April so 3 Epic passes have more than paid for themselves and I'll be skiing the reat of the skison free.

Waiting to find out if first turns will be at Okemo, Snow or Hunter. 

Hope all enjoyed the last off season the region will have with Big Snow opening Dec 7.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Got 4 days at Attitash and Wildcat booked for Dec and 5 at Vail booked for April so 3 Epic passes have more than paid for themselves and I'll be skiing the reat of the skison free.

Waiting to find out if first turns will be at Okemo, Snow or Hunter. 

Hope all enjoyed the last off season the region will have with Big Snow opening Dec 7.

Can’t wait for the price breakdown! Keep us posted on your frontier flights! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eldora is opening November 1

I know I saw that!  The canyon is a mess right now. They have been doing work for months to permanently fix things from the flood years ago. It is closed mid day Mon-Thurs and there’s have been multiple rock slides where it closes without notice. Gonna make it an interesting season driving up there.