Coming Soon

7 hours ago, indiggio said:

From the latest status e-mail...

Watch out for the drainage diverters!

• Our 40th trail is here!   "Coming Soon" is a 7 acre trail full of Exhilaration & Escapades!   This trail will only be open when there is enough natural snow...POWDER, CHOWDER BABY!! This is an ungroomed Expert level terrain....sorry newbies!

last year i was waiting for someone to poach it and get impaled by one of the many pieces of re-bar sticking up from the ground

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe they can put in a wishing well, and people can throw their spare change in it. At the same time we can wish for a new trail and maybe even a heated gondola. Rome’s Trevi Fountain regularly makes $3,200 a day. That’s an annual salary well over $1 million.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Seriously we should all start purchasing extra waffles or maybe move parking lot beers to the bar every now and then to help them out. They clearly need dough.

They’re still making payments on the six pack and Blue gets plenty of money from us.  A lot of PASRs visit their bar and restaurants and use their ski shop...they get several hundred dollars from each of us in up front money and we aren’t taking up space in the lodge.  

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Maybe they can put in a wishing well, and people can throw their spare change in it. At the same time we can wish for a new trail and maybe even a heated gondola. Rome’s Trevi Fountain regularly makes $3,200 a day. That’s an annual salary well over $1 million.

Wow just wow when I worked at Rita’s Italian ice 24 years ago I put out a tip cup once and we got like 35 cents and had to split it 3 ways..you need Quick Maths to figure that out @RidgeRacer and @Ride Delaware ?

14 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

last year i was waiting for someone to poach it and get impaled by one of the many pieces of re-bar sticking up from the ground

After that one storm there were tracks on it.  I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to try it, unless they didn't look at it from below first.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Which makes you wonder what kind of thinking went into Blue posting that its fair game with natural snow.  

"hey, lets litter this new trail with pointy objects sticking out of the ground and then tell people we are cool with them skiing on it if they like."

• Like 1

Well, it looks like she is putting some $ into the valley.

I went up to drop off son’s skis to have his binders remounted and found this.

B9F01A2F-5F11-4F4C-B3EA-F0B6B11CEF17.thumb.jpeg.573d4983b6d88ed109c0252d937cbeb8.jpeg

674E67EC-5CCD-4876-A7DB-1E3D2FF3174B.thumb.jpeg.236d116a64fd2be426300e803743a57a.jpeg

F8A12825-C27D-40E3-B0CD-19547897A990.thumb.jpeg.0b10ab947c562ef752191d611c38b1ca.jpeg

Guy I spoke with said the shop is moving to its own building, but he didn’t know where, and the existing shop space is gonna be part of the cafeteria.

• Like 3

On 10/19/2019 at 1:54 PM, indiggio said:

Well, it looks like she is putting some $ into the valley.

I went up to drop off son’s skis to have his binders remounted and found this.

Guy I spoke with said the shop is moving to its own building, but he didn’t know where, and the existing shop space is gonna be part of the cafeteria.

According to Jim D a pipe burst and there was some serious water damage in the True Blue shop.  When I went up 2 weeks ago it was a hard hat zone.  Very confusing as to where to drop stuff off.

35 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

According to Jim D a pipe burst and there was some serious water damage in the True Blue shop.  When I went up 2 weeks ago it was a hard hat zone.  Very confusing as to where to drop stuff off.

Did you find somewhere to drop stuff off? 
The guy I talked to had no idea and didn't even know if they were doing any work on equipment until they open up the shop.

54 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Did you find somewhere to drop stuff off? 
The guy I talked to had no idea and didn't even know if they were doing any work on equipment until they open up the shop.

They're available to tune, mount, etc.  Just drop stuff of at the front desk / ticket counter for the bike park.  I already have my stuff back 😀

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

They're available to tune, mount, etc.  Just drop stuff of at the front desk / ticket counter for the bike park.  I already have my stuff back 😀

Bah!  I wish the guy I talked to would have told me that so I didn't have to make another trip up there.  Geez!