JFBB is going to be EPIC!

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Nothing more than a strategic move to sell more epic passes and further overcrowd resorts out west. All this acquisition shit is becoming so destructive to all the mountain towns.

Justin the mountain towns are just fine..would you prefer more ski resorts closing down??  Justin when was the last time you skied out west?

So through a little www research, it seems like to make your peak pass epic, you have to pay to play. (Imagine that). So to go epic, it looks like its the difference between what you paid for your peak pass, and $939(cost to be epic). So, the less you paid for your peak pass, the more you pay to make yourself epic. 

I think the people down at liberty etc are just going to lose their shit next year when just the local pass for them is even more than the peak pass was. They got shafted by peak, and it looks like they will bend over even further for vail. Thats a funny area down there. I think most of them just want to ski their little local hill and be left alone.   

The question is, how much influence will vail have at the 5 PA resorts for day to day operations?  Or will vail just kind of take a “just dont burn the place down, ok?” stance and let them sort of run the way they have been?  (Mostly applies to JFBB, since the other three were new to peak last year)

the interesting stat that we will never know is, how many PA peak passholders upgrade to epic. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

So through a little www research, it seems like to make your peak pass epic, you have to pay to play. (Imagine that). So to go epic, it looks like its the difference between what you paid for your peak pass, and $939(cost to be epic). So, the less you paid for your peak pass, the more you pay to make yourself epic. 

I think the people down at liberty etc are just going to lose their shit next year when just the local pass for them is even more than the peak pass was. They got shafted by peak, and it looks like they will bend over even further for vail. Thats a funny area down there. I think most of them just want to ski their little local hill and be left alone.   

The question is, how much influence will vail have at the 5 PA resorts for day to day operations?  Or will vail just kind of take a “just dont burn the place down, ok?” stance and let them sort of run the way they have been?  (Mostly applies to JFBB, since the other three were new to peak last year)

the interesting stat that we will never know is, how many PA peak passholders upgrade to epic. 

Having paid $629 for my Peak pass I should be able to upgrade to Epic Local for $70, and upgrading my kids will be free as I paid $399 for each of theirs and Epic Local is $369 for 12 year olds. 

So a grand total of $70 for 3 upgrades - less than we would spend skiing American Dreams for a few hours if it ever opens.

Looks like we will be spending winter and spring breaks in CO and you can add 3 to your count of NJ skiers who upgraded.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

It sucks when vail buys an already popular western resort, but I see this as being nothing but good for JFBB passholders.  Its not like vail passholders are going to make the pilgrimage to jack frost to ski the elevator. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jordan said:

It sucks when vail buys an already popular western resort, but I see this as being nothing but good for JFBB passholders.  Its not like vail passholders are going to make the pilgrimage to jack frost to ski the elevator. 

I expect it will increase crowds at JFBB as more PA skiers will opt for Epic Pass instead of Blue or CB pass.

I dont imagine it will have much impact on Hunter crowds as it was already the biggest draw in the Catskills. 

8 minutes ago, Shadows said:

So you should get a refund.

The math would suggest that, but I expect it is unlikely. $70 total price for 3 upgrades will be fine for me.

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I expect it will increase crowds at JFBB as more PA skiers will opt for Epic Pass instead of Blue or CB pass.

I'm all for less crowds at Blue, but i dont think JFBB will see an overwhelming increase at all.  I sort of think we already covered this.  The average every weekend skier with an occasional trip out west will not leave Blue/CB to go ski Frost every weekend so they can go ski 2 days at Breck on the Epic pass.  The average Joe that might buy 3-5 day passes at Blue/Toe/JFBB etc that wants to ski some resorts north or west, and is content with skiing the resorts on the pass, this is really who i see buying this.  

Not everyone lets their skiing experience be dictated by whats on this pass or that pass.  I could probably make use of the epic pass, i am particularly interested in CB this year, and there are some others that i might go to, but they arent tops on my list.  It would take a power outage at Blue or some other act of God to skip Blue for JFBB.....maybe night skiing at Boulder with just the right conditions, like new snow, and free cookies or something.  Keep in mind, i was a passholder at JFBB when i the late season pass sale thing.....i never went back that year. Blue has its issues too, dont get me wrong, but there is a point when you have to admit JFBB bores your face off.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Having paid $629 for my Peak pass I should be able to upgrade to Epic Local for $70, and upgrading my kids will be free as I paid $399 for each of theirs and Epic Local is $369 for 12 year olds. 

So a grand total of $70 for 3 upgrades - less than we would spend skiing American Dreams for a few hours if it ever opens.

Looks like we will be spending winter and spring breaks in CO and you can add 3 to your count of NJ skiers who upgraded.

You three are irrelevant..sorry kiddos

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I'm all for less crowds at Blue, but i dont think JFBB will see an overwhelming increase at all.  I sort of think we already covered this.  The average every weekend skier with an occasional trip out west will not leave Blue/CB to go ski Frost every weekend so they can go ski 2 days at Breck on the Epic pass.  The average Joe that might buy 3-5 day passes at Blue/Toe/JFBB etc that wants to ski some resorts north or west, and is content with skiing the resorts on the pass, this is really who i see buying this.  

Not everyone lets their skiing experience be dictated by whats on this pass or that pass.  I could probably make use of the epic pass, i am particularly interested in CB this year, and there are some others that i might go to, but they arent tops on my list.  It would take a power outage at Blue or some other act of God to skip Blue for JFBB.....maybe night skiing at Boulder with just the right conditions, like new snow, and free cookies or something.  Keep in mind, i was a passholder at JFBB when i the late season pass sale thing.....i never went back that year. Blue has its issues too, dont get me wrong, but there is a point when you have to admit JFBB bores your face off.  

My take...no one's leaving Blue for this despite Ski2Lives assessment that the masses will flock to JFBB or the mighty Hunter Mountain. I think Blue will actually see more passholders in that local pass holders, who could give a shit about the "perks", look at Blue's $450 or $499 and see that being a lot more attractive than $700 for JFBB with "perks". Forget the pass holders though....I can see group pricing increasing at a Vail owned resort prompting school groups, family groups or whatever group to move to Blue and we all know how much we love seeing those busses during night sessions. Hope I'm wrong there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

My take...no one's leaving Blue for this despite Ski2Lives assessment that the masses will flock to JFBB or the mighty Hunter Mountain. I think Blue will actually see more passholders in that local pass holders, who could give a shit about the "perks", look at Blue's $450 or $499 and see that being a lot more attractive than $700 for JFBB with "perks". Forget the pass holders though....I can see group pricing increasing at a Vail owned resort prompting school groups, family groups or whatever group to move to Blue and we all know how much we love seeing those busses during night sessions. Hope I'm wrong there.

BB doesn’t have the capacity for 3 dozen school buses and is a bit far from the flatlanders.