JFBB is going to be EPIC!

I don’t understand the JF hate, really. I’ve been a blue passholder literally my entire life and will both defend the place and talk crap about it in the same breath, but I dunno why so many on here think it’s worlds better than blue. Blue has a little more vert and faster lifts, and I guess arguably some more interesting terrain, but on a 6” day, I’ll take frost over blue as long as there’s already some coverage in the woods. Their snow quality and grooming is consistently better than blue’s, and even on holiday weekends, crowds are nowhere near as bad. I think a lot of people are maybe slightly blinded to the fact that MOST people do not get to the lower lot at 7am and stand in line for opening of the 6pack and try and cram as many laps as they can into an hour and a half or two and then peace out.

All that said, I’m very curious to see how this season pans out, crowd-wise, with the ownership shakeups in the poconos. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My guess is that Blue will be more crowded than ever while JF/BB continue to struggle. 

I bet youre right, because Blue is THE BEST place to ski in the lower 48 from 8:00a to 8:01a when they close half the mountain for race team. 

The best thing that could happen to Blue is Jaindl buys the place and turns it into a turkey farm, so all you turkeys could hang out with other turkeys in the lower lot. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

The bigger impact to Blue or Camelback would be if one or the other went Ikon or Epic. That would hurt the one that wasn't on a multi area pass.

Vail could actually drive more people away from JFBB because they raise day passes to exorbitant rates to push people onto their multi area season passes. I usually ski JF once or twice a year on some kind of deal. (Pocono Card or WNEP Card). I don't expect them to be on either this year if the deal goes through in the fall.

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

I don’t understand the JF hate, really. I’ve been a blue passholder literally my entire life and will both defend the place and talk crap about it in the same breath, but I dunno why so many on here think it’s worlds better than blue. Blue has a little more vert and faster lifts, and I guess arguably some more interesting terrain, but on a 6” day, I’ll take frost over blue as long as there’s already some coverage in the woods. Their snow quality and grooming is consistently better than blue’s, and even on holiday weekends, crowds are nowhere near as bad. I think a lot of people are maybe slightly blinded to the fact that MOST people do not get to the lower lot at 7am and stand in line for opening of the 6pack and try and cram as many laps as they can into an hour and a half or two and then peace out.

All that said, I’m very curious to see how this season pans out, crowd-wise, with the ownership shakeups in the poconos. 

Valid points, i would ski JF before camelback pretty much any day.  But, lately the fun stuff hasnt been well maintained, or gotten as much attention in the snowmaking department, even though all that is blow over.  I think it was my last year there that i was clearing shit out of the E glade to make it skiable. 

But, like you eluded to, if theres minimal coverage in the woods, its kind of...meh.  If they get a huge dump, you probably have the place to yourself on a weekday, but getting around can be hard.  Trees can be rewarding though.  

I’ll take camelback over JF..the runs are a lot faster and a bit longer and the lifts are speedy. The amount of vert you get in an hour combined with runouts on both the top and bottom is just the suck. I’ll never be back at JF or B.B. again and will ski Camelback late season if blue isn’t open. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Back on topic, since camelback still sucks and Saltyant will lick anybodys balls that likes camelback.  nothing new here.

Will there be a very Vail presence at JFBB?

Will they put the 15 million into upgrades they were quoted on?  Takes alot of dirt to make them taller.  

Will day pass prices go up at the new Vail resorts?

Will they remember to negotiate with PPL about their electric rates?

Will Blue raise day pass prices if they do?  I mean, when in Rome......

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Back on topic, since camelback still sucks and Saltyant will lick anybodys balls that likes camelback.  nothing new here.

Will they put the 15 million into upgrades they were quoted on?  Takes alot of dirt to make them taller.  

I can't imagine rates would get hiked too much. The market can only handle so much in terms of day ticket prices. Pocono competition and a family not wanting to drop $700 for a day on the mountain will constrain what they can realistically charge right? 

If I'm from NYC or Philly and I'm day tripping and the difference is half an hour in the car and a significant amount of money I would bet the average family is going to look at the money twice. 

Edited by Schif

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Show Salty some respect. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Schif said:

I can't imagine rates would get hiked too much. The market can only handle so much in terms of day ticket prices. Pocono competition and a family not wanting to drop $700 for a day on the mountain will constrain what they can realistically charge right? 

If I'm from NYC or Philly and I'm day tripping and the difference is half an hour in the car and a significant amount of money I would bet the average family is going to look at the money twice. 

I read elsewhere that Vails business model is to up daily prices to get people to buy the Epic pass.  Should be interesting to see if thats the case.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I read elsewhere that Vails business model is to up daily prices to get people to buy the Epic pass.  Should be interesting to see if thats the case.  

Smart move on their part if that is indeed the case.