JFBB is going to be EPIC!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By: UnofficialNet | September 4, 2019

trailmap_web.jpg?w=640&h=393

Brattleboro Reformer is reporting that John Field, an investor in Mount Snow’s parent company, Peak Resorts, is seeking to stop a vote on whether it will merge with Vail Resorts.

Field’s accuses Peak Resorts executives and its board of directors of not fully disclosing information pertaining to potential conflicts of interest of management and the board concerning the $463.6 million transaction.

Field’s attorney Matthew L. Dameron of Williams Dirks Dameron LLC said in a statement that Peak Resorts management and the board have omitted or misrepresented material information concerning, “the valuation analyses prepared by the company’s financial advisor Moelis & Company LLC in connection with the rendering of its fairness opinion; and company insiders’ potential conflicts of interest.”

Field’s believes stockholders need to understand potential conflicts of interest of management and the board, as that information provides illumination concerning motivations that would prevent fiduciaries from acting solely in the best interests of the company’s stockholders.

The company runs 17 ski resorts in the country and has not yet filed a response in court.

• Like 1

I read that he really doesn’t have a legal leg to stand on because they would be hard pressed to prove that the merger isn’t in the best interests for Peak Resorts and that a comparable company would have offered more money. He will most likely get a settlement from Vail (without admitting he’s right), so they can close out the lawsuit and finalize the merger. Apparently Peak Resorts board next meets at the end of September, followed by Vail at the end of October, so the merger could be complete by early November.

13 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Apparently I missed a bunch of threads where we started incessantly ribbing Ski2Live?

Yeah cause he’s active on here during ski season and you’re not.  He’s typically prettt rude towards everybody.  He’s just out to get the best deals and mooch food and passes off people. What a wankstain 

• Sad 1

That devolved quickly. I don’t remember there being any hate at the beginning of last ski season...

You must've missed the whole false advertising thing because Blue use stock ski marketing pics on their website that depict what appear to be Rocky mountains in the photos. Then there was the whole Gift cards fiasco. That was a modern PASR classic. I know I'm missing a few others... most likely involving Salty.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You must've missed the whole false advertising thing because Blue use stock ski marketing pics on their website that depict what appear to be Rocky mountains in the photos. Then there was the whole Gift cards fiasco. That was a modern PASR classic. I know I'm missing a few others... most likely involving Salty.

Salty and Ski2Live had a magic moment two seasons ago at the Camel over some free sugar cookies and cocoa.  Im sure they normally would have shared...Bahahaha 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty and Ski2Live had a magic moment two seasons ago at the Camel over some free sugar cookies and cocoa.  Im sure they normally would have shared...Bahahaha 

That day was pretty epic. It was the first day I skied Camelback while on this forum, and I also met Ski2Live and took a great picture of him.

image.png.621eed394fc98fc7102806f2e5b2b55c.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Ha ha.....Giftcards......that dude was cruisin for a bruisin from the get go.  That was funny.  Enjo with the economics lesson.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1