When will it start?

JFskiDan

Really looks like some favorable snowmaking conditions come this weekend.  Without a doubt, i would say BBEPIC fires up Thursday PM.  At least i think based on the forecast, Peak would.  we will see.  Whats Blue gonna do? Is the carpet and massage parlor done at the lower lodge?  Will it class the place up enough?

Might need a hand to expedite the Blue Mountain PASR Parking Lot Lodge sooner than anticipated.  

Thursday night looks solid after the front moves through. Friday could be around the clock pending a slight change in temps. Worst case, they lose a couple hours midday and start back up as temps drop in the afternoon. Saturday is similar to Friday. My gut tells me 3 PM on Saturday. Make as long as they can Saturday and groom it out for an opening in the afternoon. That would match their earliest opening of November 9 that occurred around 10 years ago...

I don’t get as excited about blowing out the mice in PA now that my equipment is all up north in VT... I’ll keep it together.

Bold prediction...BB will open on the 17th with a few trails (freedom, love park and maybe something else). Blue will open on Black Friday with Vista and lower main.

Going with the “safe” bet this year? It really depends on whether Vail requires them to change early season operating procedure...

29 minutes ago, Schif said:

Guess it's time for me to drop some things off to get tuned. What is the normal turnaround time for the shop at Blue? 

Normally its real quick.  Thats kind of vague, but they are way better than Buckmans 1-2 weeks for a tune.  I dont think i have ever waited more than a day for anything i have dropped off there.