Opening day roll call thread!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

It will still be a shitshow regardless, but at least Bear Creek and Boulder will be open too (BC being the wild card here to attract the southern peeps). Probably wishful thinking, but that might divert the crowds just a hair. Shawnee cams looked like crap, but maybe if they pull together an opening too that will be even better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

It will still be a shitshow regardless, but at least Bear Creek and Boulder will be open too (BC being the wild card here to attract the southern peeps). Probably wishful thinking, but that might divert the crowds just a hair. Shawnee cams looked like crap, but maybe if they pull together an opening too that will be even better.

Did bear creek announce an opening??  They better open the ticket window at Blue before 9am.  Opening day always seems like the day they teach the new ticket office staff how to use the computers. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did bear creek announce an opening??  They better open the ticket window at Blue before 9am.  Opening day always seems like the day they teach the new ticket office staff how to use the computers. 

yes they announced friday at 4 on social media. they didn't post formal weekend hours yet though.

2 minutes ago, Justin said:

I guess technically they added some CYA wording if they need to back out, but this is their "announcement".

Is BCs marketing better than Blues???  Me thinks no since their opening announcement was cryptic and buried and no newspaper article on them.  

13 minutes ago, Schif said:

I wonder how green sidewinder will be

As green as 75% of the terrain.  You can see upper sidewinder from the top of the Main Street chair. The area where people get married to the left of vista is always super green.  They must use some sort of fertilizer 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

The big question is, will Bear Creek open before Camelsack?  I for one, sure hope so.  Along those lines, i havent seen any activity in the Montage area either.  

Looks like it. They haven't even started blowing snow.

31 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

The big question is, will Bear Creek open before Camelsack?  I for one, sure hope so.  Along those lines, i havent seen any activity in the Montage area either.  

Camelback isn’t gonna be ready to open this weekend. Probably tubing only.  If BC opens before Blue they’ll open before camelback.  Montage generally doesn’t open until December. 

• Sad 1