Opening day roll call thread!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I think once the valley opens, they prefer the tailgating to go on down there.

Yeah the lot spacing down there makes it easier. Opening weekend with just the top lodge open is going to bring out all of the celebrations so hopefully they are expecting it again. For how crappy the run a lot of stuff it is surprising that they haven't made a bigger deal about lot festivities. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

You're already starting with a new member @GrilledSteezeSandwich?  Ignore him @brm05 or at least take his comments with a grain of salt.

They don't appreciate tailgating in the upper lot, but the valley lot is for all the misfits and there they don't really care.

It's all good.

"The valley lot is for all the misfits and there they don't really care."

That is exactly what I needed to know, thanks. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I think once the valley opens, they prefer the tailgating to go on down there.

I’ve never heard them say anything concerning tailgating except for the day Barb talked about perhaps a special place in the lot way back as a possible place for tailgating.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve never heard them say anything concerning tailgating except for the day Barb talked about perhaps a special place in the lot way back as a possible place for tailgating.  

I've heard tell of people being asked not to tailgate (cook food, grill) in the upper lot after the valley has opened, but it may also be due to how tight the roadways are up there.

• Like 1

I can pretty much write tomorrow’s report already due to my insane foreshadowing skills...pretty much down to Matt edge approaching me and saying,”you’ll never believe what happened to me over the summer”...maybe about getting a motorcycle or howling at the full moon.  There will be a banner..last year it was Blue friday...this year it will say something about earliest opening in 42 years...2nd tier news reporters will be there...rope drop will be a little late..I’ll skate past most of the goobs on vista including salty if I’m not already in front but let Atomic Jeff and Tickle Me Toast ahead maybe even Indiggio if he’s in his bullet tuck..pass probably won’t work...I’ll get sweaty waiting in customer service line...snow will be white..beers will be cold...stoke levels will be high...and Justin will be back as well. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1