Trying to figure out what new gear to get...

Benm

On 11/15/2019 at 3:26 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I figured you were trolling us. 

I'd have taken a photo but my phone's front cam is busted and i was solo, sorry. Maybe i'll get someone to take a photo today.

18 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

You're more than welcome to try out / hang on to my Prophets if you'd like.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I might take you up on the offer to try them out later in the season. Feels like I've got people throwing equipment at me to try from left and right in this thread, which is great because I'd love to try it all.

It's pretty wild, I thought this forum was a bunch of people behind keyboards in PA ripping on one another who maybe met up to ski on rare occasions. judging by the photos from yesterday, it's clearly not.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, brm05 said:

I'd have taken a photo but my phone's front cam is busted and i was solo, sorry. Maybe i'll get someone to take a photo today.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I might take you up on the offer to try them out later in the season. Feels like I've got people throwing equipment at me to try from left and right in this thread, which is great because I'd love to try it all.

It's pretty wild, I thought this forum was a bunch of people behind keyboards in PA ripping on one another who maybe met up to ski on rare occasions. judging by the photos from yesterday, it's clearly not.

When were you at blue yesterday??!  Are you heading up there now?  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When were you at blue yesterday??!  Are you heading up there now?  

I got up there later than i wanted to yesterday. After figuring out how to park (i'm only used to the valley, lots of one ways etc at the top) and getting my photo for my pass (should have done it last week, i know). I was prob on the mountain by 930. I left around 1145 or noon, can't remember. Just wnated to get a few runs in. I'm only 20min north of there, so heading to the mtn on a whim is usually no big deal.

I plan on heading back up today around 1230 when my wife goes to work. 

Sorry for any confusion brm but I was offering them to Schif since I know he's moving from snowboarding to skiing and I think the Phophet may be a good ski for him to try next. Plus the dimensions on them may be good for him. Definitely not to say that I'm not happy to let you try 'em out either if the height/ width etc. are what you're looking for.

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sorry for any confusion brm but I was offering them to Schif since I know he's moving from snowboarding to skiing and I think the Phophet may be a good ski for him to try next. Plus the dimensions on them may be good for him. Definitely not to say that I'm not happy to let you try 'em out either if the height/ width etc. are what you're looking for.

oops. i really need some work on my reading comprehension lol. 

I should have registered as something cooler than 'brm', i didn't know where the registration would lead me but i can't change it now. My name is Ben .

4 hours ago, brm05 said:

oops. i really need some work on my reading comprehension lol. 

I should have registered as something cooler than 'brm', i didn't know where the registration would lead me but i can't change it now. My name is Ben .

You can change your username. Just go into account settings. I keep meaning to change mine to something cooler like CamelbackFan123 but I think everyone will still call me "Salty".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You can change your username. Just go into account settings. I keep meaning to change mine to something cooler like CamelbackFan123 but I think everyone will still call me "Salty".

Thanks for the info. Lines a lot better than yesterday right now. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

Steve who went to college with you LOL 

yeah i just meant scootterrr back in the house, didn't wanna write a last name.

if it's of any consolation, my earlier username wasn't really identifiable and i only added the pic recently.

small world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benm said:

yeah i just meant scootterrr back in the house, didn't wanna write a last name.

if it's of any consolation, my earlier username wasn't really identifiable and i only added the pic recently.

small world.

Very small

I forgot about scooter and that haircut LOL

Dude I got a shit ton of skis for real if you want I'll bring you some pairs to test/keep. 

Edited by Johnny Law

4 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Very small

I forgot about scooter and that haircut LOL

Dude I got a shit ton of skis for real if you want I'll bring you some pairs to test/keep. 

Yeah i forgot about it too, i dunno for some reason it just clicked. yeah, let me know if you're still coming up next wknd. In-laws bailed so I'll be there. Don't worry about them just yet, maybe next month. This is pretty wild.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You look a little like johnny law. I’m still trying to figure out who the dude who was hanging out in the lot with us drinking labatt blues was. 

yes we are both very handsome, i must admit. labatte guy wasn't me. usually i'm drinking miller lite or boilo because of poverty.