November 7th day two.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

Im back from day two of the blue season.  I arrived at the upper lot at 810am and in the House were Indiggio, Tarponhead, MBike Mike, Gary, Gary, Atomic Jeff, GahSkier George, Johnny Law, MiXilplix, JFDan, Bethlehem does guy, Slim, TheDude4Bides, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, Keith, Drew and many more.  

Temperatures were in the upper 20s rising through the 30s under overcast sky’s..9am rope drop with a reality tv star and out in front the whole way until right before the Burma chair..2nd chair today on the Burma chair which is becoming a workhorse lift so far this season with Main Street chair down. Conditions on the first run were a carpet I’ll give it a 9 better than most western groomer first run went to like a 6.5 after that..then got a little better as the piles had some Symetry on midway and lower Main Street. 

Liftlines were a little more manageable today still about 10 minutes long not terrible.  Guns were cranking on tuts lane, lazy mile, and upper Main Street.  The fact that this is before Thanksgiving is a bonus. Good parking lot beers and next weekend we might even receive some snow JADIP

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

Pretty good report, except that you forgot to mention Toast. Today was pretty legit, especially with all those guns cranking on Tuts Lane. I'm not a fan of Midway in general, but like you said the first few runs on it were great! Vista was in the best shape, and I saw you gapers on the chair lift when I was ripping down Come Around or whatever the terrain park is called these days. Good parking lot Yoo Hoos, today was solid.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

Lines were “a little more manageable” today? Try “non-existing” around 12 and later. Almost like ski to the gates.

This is what it looked like at 11:50.

Steeze was referring to the lines between 9:30 and 10:30. But hot damn, we all should have went back out for seconds!

Edited by saltyant

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Pretty good report, except that you forgot to mention Toast. Today was pretty legit, especially with all those guns cranking on Tuts Lane. I'm not a fan of Midway in general, but like you said the first few runs on it were great! Vista was in the best shape, and I saw you gapers on the chair lift when I was ripping down Come Around or whatever the terrain park is called these days. Good parking lot Yoo Hoos, today was solid.

Midway is usually a terrible run.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, saltyant said:

A yeah I think you might have had first civilian tracks on come around..that’s radical. Glad you had fun tell mom she doesn’t need to save me any meatloaf..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mixilplix said:

I like the cigarette but below the chip bag....

Nice video all we need is some dice and a crack pipe in that picture or Matt edge getting us in a circle to discuss renting a cabin at Stowe and would make powder magazine lifestyle section. Chips were on point.....

38 minutes ago, eaf said:

Lines were “a little more manageable” today? Try “non-existing” around 12 and later. Almost like ski to the gates.

This is what it looked like at 11:50.

A8A34B58-FDBC-4BF4-A0D6-AE7C3E7B5389.jpeg

This is where I was at 1150am..eaf if you ever need an extra face mask Salty has a spare  

3F290D10-8D7A-4E54-8BDF-62370F7527B1.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Steeze was referring to the lines between 9:30 and 10:30. But hot damn, we all should have went back out for seconds!

I almost did when Atomic Jeff arrived but I had my Phil like Mickelson..apparently whirlybirds were happening on easy out but no webcam evidence so it’s knky speculations. What a great weekend at Blue the true!!!!  

I ran a race at 9am this morning so my arrival was very delayed. I pulled in just after 12:30pm.  Some PASRs were still around.  I got to show everyone how JohnnyLaw’s ski condom works on his new fancy pants BMW.  After a beer I went out to surprisingly good conditions.  Snow was every so slightly softening up.  Was that very dense/wet cream cheesy stuff on top.  The bumps on midway were actually enjoyable and lower main wasn’t nearly as bad as I had expected.  Easily edgeable.  Lines were nonexistent at the Main Street chair from 1:30 to 3pm when I left.  Skied a run off the Vista chair with NSJay and his 5 year old.  Way better then yesterday.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Benm said:

conditions were really nice today, better than yesterday imo. that baby lift was crowded as shit but burma was great every run. wondering what midweek will be like.

@GrilledSteezeSandwich i tried to get that photo for you, it was the best i could do.

ski.jpg

Nice you’re staying hydrated. They’re not open midweek..probably not until December 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is where I was at 1150am..eaf if you ever need an extra face mask Salty has a spare  

3F290D10-8D7A-4E54-8BDF-62370F7527B1.png

Jeez, you sure have a busy agenda. Two freaking hours to cross Mexican border and drown in Tequila. Hats off. Those BMX can certainly fly.

Speaking of hats... Always meant to ask you... Is your profession taking a toll on you emotionally?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

This is my first legitimate use of the confused reaction.

Salty, you don't just grow up, you shoot like a rocket. If I were to just plot or mark your height over the last few years, it would be through the roof by now. Seems like only yesterday people were asking you: "why are you always so confused, Salty?", and look at you now! You used to spend whole day on CB, not w/o some reasonable amount of complaints about the hardship of having to use your poles, didn't drink, and were confused by the avalanche of advice on how to hand-flex your RTMs, and now look, all of that crap is long sorted out, and like a pro you get confused by why would someone want to ski for more than 90 min when there is beer and chips waiting in the parking lot.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1