November 7th day two.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

28 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

it felt awesome getting back on the slopes yesterday...from getting up early and making my way to the mountain, so actually being in the fresh Palmerton air, to conditions better than expected, to my new board being great, to seeing all the PASRs again.  many more to come!

I think I spent more time outside over this last weekend than most of the summer so that’s good...the base should last through at least a few weeks of warm weather!!!

15 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Today was pretty fucking nice, anything before christmas is bonus and the first run was titty sparkles. Fkna sweet seeing everybody and knocking the rust off.

My ski condom is straight class lol and now I know how to use it.

Mbike's skis are super hot

Upper main next weekend ?

Im still trying to figure out who the dude hanging out with us who was drinking Labatt Blue is.  

On 11/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, eaf said:

Salty, you don't just grow up, you shoot like a rocket. If I were to just plot or mark your height over the last few years, it would be through the roof by now. Seems like only yesterday people were asking you: "why are you always so confused, Salty?", and look at you now! You used to spend whole day on CB, not w/o some reasonable amount of complaints about the hardship of having to use your poles, didn't drink, and were confused by the avalanche of advice on how to hand-flex your RTMs, and now look, all of that crap is long sorted out, and like a pro you get confused by why would someone want to ski for more than 90 min when there is beer and chips waiting in the parking lot.

I only skied for 50 minutes today. The chips and cider in the parking lot was more appealing.

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow salty you have long fingernails lol trim those. 

Here's an example of where I'll used the confused face, as those aren't even my fingernails, but Toast, @RidgeRacer, and/or MomSkizToo will call me out and ask why I'm always confused.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I only skied for 50 minutes today. The chips and cider in the parking lot was more appealing.

You rock Salty!! And kudos to GSS for checking up on you on the Vista slope. In conditions like this I'll bow to anybody venturing beyond kiddie slopes. So white and slippery... How did you pull it off? 50 minutes!!

That R in PASR makes so much sense now. Rrriiide in, and rrrrriiide out. Well may be Park in between.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eaf said:

You rock Salty!! And kudos to GSS for checking up on you on the Vista slope. In conditions like this I'll bow to anybody venturing beyond kiddie slopes. So white and slippery... How did you pull it off? 50 minutes!!

That R in PASR makes so much sense now. Rrriiide in, and rrrrriiide out. Well may be Park in between.

It was a challenge getting to 50 minutes of ski time today. It takes me 50 minutes to drive one-way to True Blue, and I stuck it out to ensure my total time on the slopes + ski lift was at least equal to my driving time. Today I met my goal and am very proud, since I almost quit after 0.5 runs down Midway. I couldn't possibly quit that early and knew I had to make at least 2 or 3 runs to justify the expense of driving there. Unlike Camelback, where I once quit after 2 runs, there was a great group of folk in the parking lot, and @AtomicSkier even retracted his car mirrors for me. Thanks for offering kudos for venturing beyond the kiddie slopes, and a big shout out to @GrilledSteezeSandwich for checking up on me on the Vista slope.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

On 11/18/2019 at 12:28 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Im still trying to figure out who the dude hanging out with us who was drinking Labatt Blue is.  

I think his name is matt, today he was the dude who went off the side down by the lift lol

Good dude, good venison sticks was a little out of his range trying to pass you and got bucked

2 hours ago, eaf said:

Wow, you really were getting a Royal treatment today! Personal Vista tour, Shawnee ticketing advice, even mirrors retracted. You didn't by any chance first overdose everybody by fruit by the foot this time?

Surely it must have been some magical fruit snacks. Come to think of it, Toast only told me to STFU just one time today.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I think his name is matt, today he was the dude who went off the side down by the lift lol

Good dude, good venison sticks was a little out of his range trying to pass you and got bucked

Oh that was him???  I was going at like 80% speed could have read the newspaper and he was going about 110% speed lol. JLaw how much more did you ski when you went back out there?  

On 11/18/2019 at 9:48 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty the duct tape on your jacket makes you look badass.  At least you don’t have a hole in your butt like Mute

Look Steeze I'm fixing my drawer with duct tape because the old duct tape stopped holding up. This is great! There's even a duck on the Duck Tape roll.

20191201_170602.thumb.jpg.0dcf827f138a94370ddff7489733a933.jpg

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Look Steeze I'm fixing my drawer with duct tape because the old duct tape stopped holding up. This is great! There's even a duck on the Duck Tape roll.

20191201_170602.thumb.jpg.0dcf827f138a94370ddff7489733a933.jpg

Salty maybe Santa will bring you gorilla tape...that holds up the best especially in extreme weather. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1