Weekend roll call...11/23-24

GrilledSteezeSandwich

36 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'll be a scratch this weekend. Never expected to be on the hill this early so I've got plans and tickets to go to Columbus for the Penn State vs Ohio State game. 

P.S. I'll be more famous than GSS since I'll be at college game day and he only made the local Palmerton news

35 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Damn that game is going to be HUGE. Would love an upset.

Money line was at +650 last night. $15 to win $97. I’m hoping for an upset, and my wallet would like it too 

I did the sports betting once and would win more money than my friend who performed rigorous quantitative analytics, hours and hours of vigorous research, and used a Hadron supercomputer to conduct simultaneous monte carlo simulations. I just picked if I liked the name. Marty Fish sounded legit.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

also out for this weekend, I am bummed to miss another week of november PA skiing. I'll be back up black friday for an early AM session provided they don't do some wacky evening opening.

Wacky evening opening lol never this isn’t B.B.   I’d like the 8am opening back though..they haven’t announced this weekends operating schedule yet.  

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Kathi from the live chat said open 9-9 on Saturday as I suspected.  Really no reason for them to open at 8..remember this is bonus skiing. 

i'm good with 9. gives me time to get to the recycling center omw there. otherwise i'd miss your super tailgate.

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm good with 9. gives me time to get to the recycling center omw there. otherwise i'd miss your super tailgate.

The only difference between the 8am and 9am opening is that it’s busier right off the bat. Maybe a little snowmaking early Saturday AM. Otherwise no real snowmaking until after thanksgiving at least.  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The only difference between the 8am and 9am opening is that it’s busier right off the bat

thanks, that makes sense, didn't think about it. i'm still learning what to expect i guess. maybe sat night it stays (mostly) frozen precip. any idea how late it would be (ex sat AM/sat PM/ Sun AM) before they pull the plug?

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

thanks, that makes sense, didn't think about it. i'm still learning what to expect i guess. maybe sat night it stays (mostly) frozen precip. any idea how late it would be (ex sat AM/sat PM/ Sun AM) before they pull the plug?

If there’s rain in the forecast for Sunday they’ll probably pull the plug to cut down on operating expenses.  If there’s frozen precip it will be some freezing rain right before daybreak on Sunday.  If they pull the plug it will likely be Saturday PM..it’s gonna rain maybe 1/10 of an inch.  If the race team was in session they’d be open..I don’t care that much I was looking forward to 6 days in this month but I guess 5 will have to do.   Gotta get a head start for if they have to shut down in December. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich