Weekend roll call...11/23-24

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are your Saturday AM plans important?  

Nothing important, but the wife has an all day event so just standard dad stuff with my son and I don't want to burn a buddy pass on an early season day.  Plus he has activities in the morning that I probably shouldn't let him miss.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Nothing important, but the wife has an all day event so just standard dad stuff with my son and I don't want to burn a buddy pass on an early season day.  Plus he has activities in the morning that I probably shouldn't let him miss.  

Gotcha I always wonder what kind of stuff married people with kids have up on the weekends..I just donated $50 to charity so let’s hope that gives some extra good karma for skiing on Sunday.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Dont burn up a pass to ski the same run 4-5 times over.  We can put up a cardboard cut out of you in the parking lot to make it like you are there.  I think i know somebody with some cardboard cut outs.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Really no reason for them to open at 8..remember this is bonus skiing. 

I think I heard some guy on the news say that but I was too distracted by his swaying to and fro to remember exactly.

Edited by Schif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I really need them to open Sunday. I'm now 100% out for Saturday morning. Saturday night is possible but I'll be 3 hours away during the day and need to get back in time. Not likely. Sunday morning is a go. Praying they open otherwise I'm slumming it on freedom park.

Shawnee is another option. They're supposed to open Saturday I think. Maybe I'll go there since I sort of want to ski but more than just Midway again.

Gotcha I always wonder what kind of stuff married people with kids have up on the weekends..I just donated $50 to charity so let’s hope that gives some extra good karma for skiing on Sunday.  

I'm chaperoning a school trip Saturday. I was specifically requested so feeling pretty special. I like Blue Mountain being open like my 5th favorite Beatles song...8 days a week.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:20 AM, Schif said:

I'll be a scratch this weekend. Never expected to be on the hill this early so I've got plans and tickets to go to Columbus for the Penn State vs Ohio State game. 

P.S. I'll be more famous than GSS since I'll be at college game day and he only made the local Palmerton news

You gonna have a sign?

5 hours ago, Schif said:

Probably not. I'm not tailgating so I'll be in an uber and don't feel like carrying all that 

From watching in the past it looks like they have some materials on site with sponsor logo on them and a box in the middle to write in. You should make one that says something like “Ryan Day skis on RTMs”

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anybody cares truBlue ski shop is open 10-4 this weekend..website is saying 9-9 both Saturday and Sunday.  I wish they were better with Facebook updates this week to keep people stoked. I’m ready to ski..this has been a long week...seemed easier to go the almost 7 months of my offseason than the last 5 days. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

If anybody cares truBlue ski shop is open 10-4 this weekend..website is saying 9-9 both Saturday and Sunday.  I wish they were better with Facebook updates this week to keep people stoked. I’m ready to ski..this has been a long week...seemed easier to go the almost 7 months of my offseason than the last 5 days. 

@ridgeracer 10-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1