Weekend roll call...11/23-24

GrilledSteezeSandwich

19 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

im going with the impression that blue will not be open on sunday.  however, bear creek, shawnee, and BB are planning to be open, so hopefully one of them stays open

Reminds me of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones song That’s the Impression that I get lol maybe they’ll play at Montage as well.  

On 11/21/2019 at 2:24 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gotcha I always wonder what kind of stuff married people with kids have up on the weekends..I just donated $50 to charity so let’s hope that gives some extra good karma for skiing on Sunday.  

Last weekend I ditched everybody and was solo at BB, this weekend I’m bringing my 14 year old to Hunter for the weekend. When they were younger our lives were more scheduled, now it’s a little better.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

@saltyant according to the interwebz, shawnee is $32 all in if you order online.  my problem is i dont know if they will be closing for rain, and i dont want to drive all the way up for no reason.  

Bananas I hate the advance online purchase with a rainy day.  I’m already at Sheetz on way home from blue. Report in a bit. A lot of the PASRs are out there for round two. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Obama brought us hope. 

im kind of hoping the forecast shifts and we get heavy rain all day tomorrow...eagles tickets are already dropping.  just like snowboarding tomorrow, it probably wont happen and ill sit on my couch all day, but i now have hope for 2 different events that will probably not happen lol

39 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

im kind of hoping the forecast shifts and we get heavy rain all day tomorrow...eagles tickets are already dropping.  just like snowboarding tomorrow, it probably wont happen and ill sit on my couch all day, but i now have hope for 2 different events that will probably not happen lol

How much are eagles tickets?  I like Don Henley!!!

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

@saltyant according to the interwebz, shawnee is $32 all in if you order online.  my problem is i dont know if they will be closing for rain, and i dont want to drive all the way up for no reason.  

I decided against Shawnee for today. I don't like committing to nonrefundable tickets in case I wake up and don't feel like skiing, car breaks, feel sick, etc. It's quite a risk paying $32 if it's going to rain, since I assume that's also nonrefundable if they don't open due to rain. Honestly the snow at Blue was so bad today that I don't think it'll be worth it, but I could be wrong because Shawnee won't have much traffic at all tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Only nonrefundable hotel rooms....

Ok! I knew someone would bust on me about that. I still have PTSD over losing $318. I've already paid a $100 non-refundable deposit for a room in France in July 2020.

Due to getting royally screwed over by that Stowe hotel, I try my best to avoid anything non-refundable but it's often (very unfortunately) inevitable for flights, condos (e.g. at Steamboat), and discounted lift tickets.

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You skied today. I'm on a field trip

I wouldn't exactly call today skiing... more like falling with style..

Edited by saltyant

31 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Only nonrefundable hotel rooms....

Sorry Saltman I couldn't help myself. You skied today. I'm on a field trip.

Good one lol...last year I booked nonrefundable tickets ahead of time for Abasin and Copper mountain and the price literally goes up every hour.  It’s bananas.