11/29..Blue Friday..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot early but also late at about 810am and it was 28 degrees under partly sunny sky’s.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Indiggio, JFDan, Tarpenhead, Mixiplix, Gary, Matt Edge, Enjorales, Enjorales dad, MBike Mike, Mrs SnowBunski and lots of others.  

Rope drop fast snow holdup on midway with patroller on snowboard riding wide still managed first civilian chair all good in the hood come around had some nice cord as well as.....upper vista..snowpack held up well conditions got a little worse each run but second best conditions of the season after day 2...no liftlines and they were selling a decent amount of lift tickets still...3D snow..

They were blowing snow on tuts lane, upper Main Street and lazy mile..a good crowd in the parking lot for Apres skiing beers tomorrow looks like an even better PASR turnout and then the potential for spicy weather Sunday. Anyway it’s bonus skiing anything before cinco de mayo is.  JADIP

• Like 2

I was thinking that upper Main could open tomorrow, but upon inspection during round 2 after they shut down the guns, there's way too much grass visible where Barney's usually resides,

Unless a miracle temperature/humidity drops overnight, I have to concede to @JFskiDan that we won't see upper main tomorrow, unfortunately.

@tarponhead and I had some pretty fun runs down through the sugar piles in the middle of Midway during session 2.
Temps just didn't come up enough to make them as good as they were the other weekend though.

12 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I was thinking that upper Main could open tomorrow, but upon inspection during round 2 after they shut down the guns, there's way too much grass visible where Barney's usually resides,

Unless a miracle temperature/humidity drops overnight, I have to concede to @JFskiDan that we won't see upper main tomorrow, unfortunately.

@tarponhead and I had some pretty fun runs down through the sugar piles in the middle of Midway during session 2.
Temps just didn't come up enough to make them as good as they were the other weekend though.

I saw that lightly dusted grassy area from the lift, and its a pretty big area for them to push to.  Be real nice if they could get it open for tomorrow though.  never know.  Remember, this is Blue Mountain.

Anyways, fun day today.  

Edited by JFskiDan

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I saw that lightly dusted grassy area from the lift, and its a pretty big area for them to push to.  Be real nice if they could get it open for tomorrow though.  never know.  Remember, this is Blue Mountain.

I couldn't see the thin area while the guns were still on, but after they shut them down and the sun was shining on it, it was evident that there's not enough snow there.

Still say we ski on thinner coverage in the springtime, but at this point, I don't see them bothering to open.  Perhaps sometime during next week.

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Was weird having Carve the mascot hanging with us waiting for the rope drop.  My sister used to be the mascot at Red Robin and she’s get pissed when I’d walk up to her and say Hi Laura. 

Carver made me nervous while lurking about.  I was waiting for it to take me in and give me breakfast.

Edited by indiggio