11/30....best conditions of the season..PASR day

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

Im back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the  upper lot at dark oh thirty aka 715am and BenB, JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Indiggio, NMSki, Ryan, Mute, Mixilplix, Tarpenhead, MBike mike, Mrs. SnowBunski, Johnny Law, Enjorales, Enjorales dad, Gary, Slim, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer were all in the house. The temperature was in the upper 20s under partly sunny sky’s.  

Rope drop yielded the best conditions of the season.  Vista to midway to lower Main Street was like a western groomer. Maybe western Pennsylvania..come around had very nice stiff cord and with the 8am opening the first few runs had some piece and quiet.  Yeah it was like Groundhog Day for blues fifth day of operation this season but anything before the Fourth of July is bonus so gotta enjoy the one and a half runs open while the snowmaking cannons continued to roar on upper Main Street, lazy mile and in the valley.  

No lifines during the hour and a half I skied and some decent crowds started showing up late morning when I was enjoying a beer and potato chip buffet in the lot...been a great start to the season the the forecast looks interesting...thanks Blue you’re my boy!!!’

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

RAW session for me tonight.  possibly sunday evening as well depending on what the weather does (I assume sunday morning will be rain/ice)

TP4 should be nice this evening..have fun. Tomorrow for me will be a nowcasting event. Expect the worst hope for the best. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i expect them to be closed tomorrow.  if they are open, i should be up in the evening

I haven’t been paying attention to forecasts since 7am but I’ve seen more ominous storms fizzle out and I wake up at 6am and there’s no precipitation on the radar from here to Harrisburg.  I will be monitoring the situation now back to Linda in the studio with the situation from the Lehigh valley mall...Worldstar

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

TFTI. I skied vicariously today through your exemplary written Report. In my mind I skied that western groomer (aka Midway) and indulged in that potato chip buffet, and didn't even have to wake up early or haul my RTMs to the Sonic.

Salty did you look at the blue webcams at all. 

Midway sugar and Matt edges on both Midway and Main Street provides ample entertainment after beer:30 for @tarponhead & I.  Stayed until a bit after one, all guns were off and grooming commenced on Tut’s.  Looked like they were working on a fan gun at the top of MS too.

30674B8D-15F6-49A3-B92B-B1F4ACE98862.thumb.jpeg.2e6fc3ffd551b9c3edeb66d32b0f108e.jpeg

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Shadows said:

That's a ton of snow to blow on tuts when the valley looks like it does. Gotta keep trying I guess.

No inversions lately, so they were able to blow up top more than in the valley.
Low temps look good this week, but humidity levels look pretty high, unfortunately.