Mainly Lazy 12/7/19

toast21602

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun Saturday at Blue mountain the true mountain. In the house were Johnny Law, JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Mute, Ryan, Toast, NMSki, Indiggio, Tarponhead, MBike Mike, Enjorales dad, Matt Edge, TheDude4Bides, Keith, Rodney, Gary, Slim, Dana, Crazy Kathy, Kevin  and many more.

Temperatures were in the upper 20s rising into the 30s and the snowmaking cannons were blasting on home stretch, tuts lane and a few random spots.  The Main Street, Burma and vista lifts were all spinning and the rope drop had mad Tom, Dick and Gary’s in attendance.   Conditions at the opening bell were great stiff cord.  Lazy mile had some of the best early season conditions I’ve experienced..sure after the first run or two it was crazy mile but the snow held up alright

Upper Main Street was so good it deserves its own paragraph..only took three weeks to get it open bahahah..was nice and stiff and lower was pure crud right quick.  

Weather was mad Goldilocks and was a fun parking lot with chips, pretzels and beer and a lot of PASRs along with indiggios crew later..today was as fun as any pow day or spring day except there was no pow or spring snow..Blue is doing well and I won’t be surprised if the six pack and valley are open next weekend JADIP

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I’ll say it again, Home Stretch was bare until last night. There’s mud tracks on Midway on skier’s right where the cats hit dirt. There’s two inches of rain coming. More than likely some of the Wed-Thurs snowmaking has to go back and patch trails that are already open, and two nights is not a lot of time to open Home Stretch from next to nothing. I’d only say 50-50 for the valley this coming weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

I’ll say it again, Home Stretch was bare until last night. There’s mud tracks on Midway on skier’s right where the cats hit dirt. There’s two inches of rain coming. More than likely some of the Wed-Thurs snowmaking has to go back and patch trails that are already open, and two nights is not a lot of time to open Home Stretch from next to nothing. I’d only say 50-50 for the valley this coming weekend.

Not going to happen next weekend. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

One of the highlights was Toast blasting Ski2Lives Xmas song on the way in followed by atomic Jeff blasting it at the rope drop. If the video on YouTube is monetized Ski2Live probably earning about .350 cents 

I only listen to the best artists. 

• Haha 1

It was great to ride down some new terrain....helped to spread the crowds out..Upper Main was nice but Lower Main was like entering the gates of hell...really nasty...

But always fun to get out and ride...

Here is a short vid going down Lazy...It's not that great but i thought i would throw it up here any way..I have one going down Main Street but when I get to the lower part it becomes unwatchable from getting bounced around so much....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IceEidolon said:

Ice quit being a Debbie downer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was so nice having more terrain today.  Lazy and Upper Main were awesome to start but started chunking up.  The last 500 feet before the right hander on Lazy was 10/10 though.  Grippy and scraped off.  New boots were pretty damn comfortable given that this was their inaugural day.

IMG_0660.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun Saturday at Blue mountain the true mountain. In the house were Johnny Law, JFDan, Atomic Jeff, Mute, Ryan, Toast, NMSki, Indiggio, Tarponhead, MBike Mike, Enjorales dad, Matt Edge, TheDude4Bides, Keith, Rodney, Gary, Slim, Dana, Crazy Kathy, Kevin  and many more.

Temperatures were in the upper 20s rising into the 30s and the snowmaking cannons were blasting on home stretch, tuts lane and a few random spots.  The Main Street, Burma and vista lifts were all spinning and the rope drop had mad Tom, Dick and Gary’s in attendance.   Conditions at the opening bell were great stiff cord.  Lazy mile had some of the best early season conditions I’ve experienced..sure after the first run or two it was crazy mile but the snow held up alright

Upper Main Street was so good it deserves its own paragraph..only took three weeks to get it open bahahah..was nice and stiff and lower was pure crud right quick.  

Weather was mad Goldilocks and was a fun parking lot with chips, pretzels and beer and a lot of PASRs along with indiggios crew later..today was as fun as any pow day or spring day except there was no pow or spring snow..Blue is doing well and I won’t be surprised if the six pack and valley are open next weekend JADIP

Great time today. Lazy and Upper Main were nice. Lower Main Street was brutal. And GSS never mentions I’m there.  Next skiing for me on Wednesday. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wait till it’s realy foggy...nice seeing the valley. I haven’t been down there in over 8 months. 

i took some photos omw back today, not sure if there's anything noteworthy, but here they are.

IMG_20191208_1056055.jpg

IMG_20191208_1056250.jpg

IMG_20191208_1055596.jpg

IMG_20191208_1056022.jpg

IMG_20191208_1056040.jpg

• Like 5