Blue 12/15/19

toast21602

49 minutes ago, Schif said:

Those race kids got exceptionally annoying around 10:30. When it's only a double chair they really clog it up quick. 

Not to mention when they decide to only load one chair for a while, then stop loading that one only to switch and stop loading the other one.  SMH

That and lots of people riding single chairs.

Edited by indiggio

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Not to mention when they decide to only load one chair for a while, then stop loading that one only to switch and stop loading the other one.  SMH

That and lots of people riding single chairs.

Were there liftlines yesterday?  This is getting pretty late to not have the valley open. Last year around 12-11/12-12 we had the valley open. 

At least they’re grooming out tubing and vista has a 6 foot base. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Were there liftlines yesterday?  This is getting pretty late to not have the valley open. Last year around 12-11/12-12 we had the valley open.

Only when they were only loading one double for some unknown reason.
Some were claiming the wind, but that's BS, others mentioned mechanical, but both were running. 
I think lifties just wanted a break.

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They can run fixed grip chairs in 50mph winds.  

Yeah, that's why we didn't believe the wind rumor.

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Watch out for the one teenage girl liftee..she doesn’t do much in loading the chair and people are sent sideways if not braces for it.  The real short guy who hangs out with fritz went for a wild ride a week or two ago. 

There are a lot of newbie lifties.

Slim & Mike almost got taken out when some Jerries tried to load onto their chair and newbie liftie, instead of hitting E-Stop, tried to swing the chair around them, but havoc ensued.
Slim stepped aside and Mike almost got whacked by chair. 
Jerries when flying off the end of the loading platform.

Guess the lifties in the cabin weren't paying attention either to stop it.

Edited by indiggio

One more possible reason that they don't have the valley open yet is the fact that it's still a mess down there. I went in the bottom to pick up the skis and board from the shop and the place in in disarray. It looks fairly nice with the new fit out of true blue sports, but there is stuff absolutely everywhere and it still smells like construction. Regardless of the snow they are not ready to utilize that space as anything besides letting people pick up or drop off gear. Also they moved the shop from where it was in that building down by tubing to the TentLodge (similar to HotelHouse) closest to where we park. Right by the main ticket counter down there. Which was not ready to go btw. There were ski racks everywhere and rental stuff piled up as far as the eye could see. 

21 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, that's why we didn't believe the wind rumor.

There are a lot of newbie lifties.

Slim & Mike almost got taken out when some Jerries tried to load onto their chair and newbie liftie, instead of hitting E-Stop, tried to swing the chair around them, but havoc ensued.
Slim stepped aside and Mike almost got whacked by chair. 
Jerries when flying off the end of the loading platform.

Guess the lifties in the cabin weren't paying attention either to stop it.

Indiggio were the bumps yesterday on Barney’s seeded by the skiers??  

RidgeRacer is not going to be happy to hear that.  

Not going to be happy that they don't have the valley open yet or not going to be happy that it's a mess down there? If the former...you are correct. I'm not happy that the valley isn't open yet. Who is? If the latter (which is what I'm sure you were getting at) then that's incorrect. I'm happy that it's a mess if they're sprucing things up down there and making structural improvements. Not at all saying this should be prioritized over snowmaking or lifts (because I have a feeling that's coming). Moreso happy that they have the dough to make improvements to tent city in tandem with the more important items.

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Watch out for the one teenage girl liftee..she doesn’t do much in loading the chair and people are sent sideways if not braces for it.  The real short guy who hangs out with fritz went for a wild ride a week or two ago. 

The one with the knee brace? 

27 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Not going to be happy that they don't have the valley open yet or not going to be happy that it's a mess down there? If the former...you are correct. I'm not happy that the valley isn't open yet. Who is? If the latter (which is what I'm sure you were getting at) then that's incorrect. I'm happy that it's a mess if they're sprucing things up down there and making structural improvements. Not at all saying this should be prioritized over snowmaking or lifts (because I have a feeling that's coming). Moreso happy that they have the dough to make improvements to tent city in tandem with the more important items.

i am 100% fucking with you and its the later.  

I’ll be up tomorrow night and Thursday morning.  I’d go tonight but have an appointment..last evening appointment of the year...gonna be a really nice tombstone with a weeping willow....woooo

You think they'll be open tomorrow night? Looking like ice (because of fucking course ice) overnight tonight through tomorrow. I'm leaning towards tonight.

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

You think they'll be open tomorrow night? Looking like ice (because of fucking course ice) overnight tonight through tomorrow. I'm leaning towards tonight.

Oh shit they might be closed tomorrow..well if they’re not open tomorrow night I guess Wednesday night.  

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh shit they might be closed tomorrow..well if they’re not open tomorrow night I guess Wednesday night.  

closed all of tues. fuckin great, i was gonna hit it OMW back from SEPA

blahblah.jpg

Edited by Benm

Regarding valley construction I thought a pipe broke and they had to redo. Heard they were to lazy to relocate pipe when they expanded in Valley. Sounds like SOP for blue but someone needs to confirm this for me