Best resort for First time skiers

bobafet

11 hours ago, tarponhead said:

Note the OP has skedaddled, just sayin. S2L, you said your opinion. Grate. No more needed

If folks stop directing comments to me I will stop replying. I only intended to drop in to suggest the Campgaw and Big Snow options. Then a whole bunch of folks decided they wanted to discuss those opinions, so here I am.

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If folks stop directing comments to me I will stop replying. I only intended to drop in to suggest the Campgaw and Big Snow options. Then a whole bunch of folks decided they wanted to discuss those opinions, so here I am.

Fa lalala let it go. 

14 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Nobody wants to hear your suggestions. Fa la la la la 

On 1/3/2020 at 4:55 PM, bobafet said:

Hey Everyone,

Thank you so much for your advice. I went to Blue Mountain and took the beginner session for $94. It included rentals, a beginners ski lift ticket and a 1.5 hr session. The session was almost a private one. I was a slow learner but I think with some practice I was able to pick things up pretty well. Fell quite a few times on the slope.

Post the training session, I was able to go down the training hill slope, make banks and turns. Though I am pretty far away from going on the beginner slopes I want to continue learning and building my skills. Blue Mountain doesn't have a Beginner+ session (something for someone who has already taken the first session). What would you guys recommend. Should I just go to the resort and continue practicing on my own? Let me know. Plan to go again sometime during in the End of January.

I kind of liked Blue Mountain. The prices are competitive and the people are nice. Price is a bit important for me so would want to keep it low but not compromising too much on the experience.

Thanks again everyone. I love skiing. Hope to be able to conquer some big slopes soon!

great news.  Yeah, just go an practice for another day  Then maybe another lesson.....private if you can afford it.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:29 PM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If I were just learning and from NYC I would seriously consider doing it at Big Snow - the indoor place at American Dream at Meadowlands.

Too small for experienced skiers to get much out of, but the controlled temp should make for ideal snow conditions for learners.

I'm gonna disagree with this...a big chunk of the enjoyment - for me - is being outdoors.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah Sunday I guess. I am only free to ski Saturday, so that is the forecast that has been bumming me out.

But Sunday will be a very Joyful day off the snow. Hope for nice whether further north MLK weekend.

Sunday you’re gonna make whoopee wooo might as well go to hunter as well since her place is on the way la la la la la in Colorado hero de derpity

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1