12/31/19...CSS..can’t see shit...hero snow.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Vkue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at dark o’clock and it was foggy on the upper 2/3 of the mountain. You couldn’t even see the peak.  Temperatures were in the mid 30s and in the house were JFDan, Indiggio, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Rodney, Todd,  Keith, Rick, Denise and I’m sure at least one Gary.  Fox 29 was also out on the snow showing the couple people waiting for first chair and interviewing a patroller and a kid.  

First run lazy to falls with low Vis a nice run was stiffish coed on the top and in the middle to the base hero snow.  The turn on lazy and the falls was amazing..groomers did a good job.  Main Street also very nice and smooth..paradise as well. Did one razors run and not great but also not good lol...a root roller on the last pitch had the back of my skis like 6 inches off the ground was radical.  Back to more main, lazy and PDizzle...skies a total of 11 runs from 8-9:35...was damp..a little chilly..and went from basically no people on the slopes to a handful on each run and didn’t even see the BMRs until my last lazy run. 

Hungout in the lot for under an hour had two Perpetuals and saw a lot of Tesla’s...all in all today exceeded expectations...tomorrow should be a fun PASR day with fast snow and some sunshine..JADIP

8247DB95-EE02-415E-892C-5B7ECFB6C6E9.jpeg

• Like 2

The snow at Vkue was actually pretty good, but vis was really bad.  Started out with fog at the top, then it came down a bunch, then lightened up a little, then got really bad.  Top 2/3 of all trails were firmer than the lower 1/3.  The turns on lazy and paradise were really nice and grippy.  Razors was bumpy crosswise, if you stayed within the groomer pass, it wasnt too bad, but with vis so bad, speed needed to stay in check.  Didnt bother with Challenge.  We need winter to show back up again.  

2057365210_Blue2.thumb.jpg.1bec8b86a5b13c544cfb1d8964ef9a80.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Represent/represent.......For a second I thought he was gonna talk to Dan....

He talked to me before he started taping. Im pretty sure i made it clear i wanted nothing to do with the news. Indiggio admitted he was avoiding him as well. Its really a shame they were there on such a crappy weather day. I think they finished like 3-4 minutes before opening and there were about 4 people standing at the gates. 

• Like 2

By mid morning, temps had started to rise (unfortunately not the Vkue cloud) and the snow became hero all the way to the top of Main which allowed us to set a line of bumps from top to bottom for one killer endurance run!

Of course, by 1:30 or so the sun finally came out but the temps were falling and the snow was starting to set up.

Today was yet another spring skiing day in December.  There were skid marks showing up all over the place.  We need winter to return in earnest!

Happy New Year to all!!

Edited by indiggio