New Year’s Day...1/1/2020

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at around 720am and it was around 30 degrees under mostly cloudy sky’s.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, PARidge, TP4,  Indiggio, Mixilplix, Slim, Tarponhead, West Chester Homeys, Enjorales cousin, MBike Mike, Mrs. Snowbunski and many more.  

First civilian 6-pack..no news crews, strong winds as snowmaking cannons firing on Nightmare, Dreamweaver, finish line, Central Park and lower park...WTGAI way to get after it blue mountain. Rumors still surfacing about winch cat being out of commission and former best Bump groomer at camelback but I gave up speculation as my New Years resolution so not gonna go there.  First run did laZy to falls pretty firm but not icy..corner alright..paradise similar conditions...Main Street pretty good and lower seemed better than upper..mainly due to the width as Barney’s has some behomoth sized bumps.  Skied a run on Razors was ok except for the channel running the length of the run although the root roller on last pitch had mellowed since yesterday and I didn’t get any involuntary air. 

Was similar to yesterday got 11 runs 8Am to 9:35am then hungout in the lot for awhile..Enjorales cousin probably most entertaining..thanks to MBike Mike for the fine meats and cheeses and Mother Nature for keeping my beer cold without a cooler...while not a massive PASR turnout due to a lot of PASRs getting turnt up last night, was better than expected both in snow conditions and stoke

E67095BB-7047-439F-970C-66C0BA1AEB13.jpeg

• Like 5

Was a fun day. Main was good and consistent top to bottom. Lazy was good. Paradise was good. Razors was ok. The flat light sucked. Challenge looked bad. Agreed that we need cold and quick. The dirt spots aren't good for stoke. Although they were blowing on the lower park area as opposed to resurfacing which didn't necessarily make sense to me. Guy on the six pack was complaining about east coast conditions. Hunter has 17 trails open (according to him) so I guess Blue's not doing too terrible in comparison.

Happy New Year!

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Was a fun day. Main was good and consistent top to bottom. Lazy was good. Paradise was good. Razors was ok. The flat light sucked. Challenge looked bad. Agreed that we need cold and quick. The dirt spots aren't good for stoke. Although they were blowing on the lower park area as opposed to resurfacing which didn't necessarily make sense to me. Guy on the six pack was complaining about east coast conditions. Hunter has 17 trails open (according to him) so I guess Blue's not doing too terrible in comparison.

Happy New Year!

Hunter has 40 trails on end according to their website.

5 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Happy New Year!

Flat light all day did suck, but still had a good time. Challenge was better than Razors IMO. Main Street and Paradise good. A little disappointed Dreamweaver was closed. A great way to spend NYD. Felt like I was catching a cold last night, fresh air and a little parking lot wine must have killed all my cold germs 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Flat light all day did suck, but still had a good time. Challenge was better than Razors IMO. Main Street and Paradise good. A little disappointed Dreamweaver was closed. A great way to spend NYD. Felt like I was catching a cold last night, fresh air and a little parking lot wine must have killed all my cold germs 🙂

I had a little bit of a hangover after my post skiing nap.  Nothing Gatorade water and a hot shower couldn’t cure. I saw cans of wine the other day at Weis market when I was buying beer. 

On 1/2/2020 at 7:43 AM, AtomicSkier said:

You can resurface closed terrain....I wouldn't argue with Ice Eidolon...I think he knows a thing or ten more than you when it comes to snowmaking.

I was referring to up topic where RidgeRacer was wondering why Blue wasn’t resurfacing.