Utah questions

momskeeztoo

Need some advice/ opinions on Utah ski areas. We had a day off from skiing that week, but now they are offering a shuttle that day. Choices are Powder, Snowbasin, Brighton, Alta, Solitude, Snowbird. I’m thinking Powder, for some reason I’m very interested in skiing there. Any thoughts? 

59 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Need some advice/ opinions on Utah ski areas. We had a day off from skiing that week, but now they are offering a shuttle that day. Choices are Powder, Snowbasin, Brighton, Alta, Solitude, Snowbird. I’m thinking Powder, for some reason I’m very interested in skiing there. Any thoughts? 

Are you skiing somewhere else on the other days?

42 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

You can’t go wrong either way. If you are looking for great groomers, Brighton might be the most unique. Snowbasin offers some incredible groomers as well.

Alta/Bird have less groomers and more gnarly terrain. Solitude is alright. 

i totally agree with all of this, except for one thing.  If its an extra day, i think Powder would be good.  If you are trying to get the most out of a day at Powder, having someone that knows the place would make for a perfect day.  Dont take anyone with a snowboard there though.  Lots of nooks and crannies there for sure.  Powder Mt is a really neat place to experience.  Nothing like skiing powder country, ending up on the access rd, and being picked up by a bus to get back up.  

Brighton is just so much fun.  Groomers are great there, up and down, twists and turns, its kind of like you are skiing in the trees when you are on the trails.  I feel like Snowbasins groomers, also excellent, are more wide open, more straight runs with consistent pitch.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Are you skiing somewhere else on the other days?

i totally agree with all of this, except for one thing.  If its an extra day, i think Powder would be good.  If you are trying to get the most out of a day at Powder, having someone that knows the place would make for a perfect day.  Dont take anyone with a snowboard there though.  Lots of nooks and crannies there for sure.  Powder Mt is a really neat place to experience.  Nothing like skiing powder country, ending up on the access rd, and being picked up by a bus to get back up.  

Brighton is just so much fun.  Groomers are great there, up and down, twists and turns, its kind of like you are skiing in the trees when you are on the trails.  I feel like Snowbasins groomers, also excellent, are more wide open, more straight runs with consistent pitch.  

We have 2 days at Canyons/ Park City, 2 days at Deer Valley, 1 day at Sundance. I could have passed on Deer Valley, but I didn’t pick the resorts. Sundance sounds interesting. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

We have 2 days at Canyons/ Park City, 2 days at Deer Valley, 1 day at Sundance. I could have passed on Deer Valley, but I didn’t pick the resorts. Sundance sounds interesting. 

DV groomers are a lot of fun, but it takes 7 lifts to get to one. I’ve never seen more lifts at a mountain before. You gotta ride the funicular, through. 

37C6A98C-51A1-4854-BB9D-7E70CA5D6B4D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Try to get to Powder than.  Not that any others would be so similar, but Powder is just a different experience.  This way you wont have to deal with the Canyon Rd, that just seems to be turning into a shit show lately.  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Try to get to Powder than.  Not that any others would be so similar, but Powder is just a different experience.  This way you wont have to deal with the Canyon Rd, that just seems to be turning into a shit show lately.  

Hopefully enough people are interested in Powder to make it worthwhile for shuttle. I  could always rent a car, if a couple other folks wanted to go 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

So Powder Mountain off the agenda ☹️  Most folks wanted to go to Alta/ Snowbird,   So I’m going there. 

Bummer but you will still have fun at either of those places... especially with a speed run down regulator Johnson.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1