1/5/19...sausage Sunday.

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at dark o’clock and in the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, Mixilplix, Johnny Law, NMSki, JFBbDan, Tarponhead, Indiggio, Schifdawg, Schifdawgs Bae, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, Enjorales cousin, Keith, Crazy kathy, Slim, GahSkier, Salty, PSUFlyGuy, Justo, Rose, west Chester guys, Mute and Ryan. 

Tenperatures were in the 30s under overcast sky’s and moderate winds. The lineup for first chair was exciting and Daria loved all the boys out for sausage Sunday. First run I did challenge.  It wasn’t bad but wasn’t good. I didn’t ski razors as it closed after first run for race team. Nightmare to dreamweaver was ok and I mostly skied that as traffic was light in it and only some ice and chunks. Main Street had theee Dee snow and a frozen groomer tracker on far left. Paradise was ok but too slow with the wind. I didn’t fuck with lazy mile..saving that for when Root comes back. 

Only the 6-pack  was running early which meant the liftline guys were out a little on the six pack crowds were more than expected but not terrible..a lot of lessons.  I skied till about 9:31 then went to the lot and was a great sausage Sunday..slider burgers and the pork were best sausage and mustard good as well..I took a few lifestyle shots and even more coming from others. 

AE5EBCDB-6DE7-4ACB-AE48-9C3796521379.jpeg

7DAEE06C-97B0-47C3-9508-6301C903990A.jpeg

0E63C435-D919-45C8-B60B-E71CA0E0CDA0.jpeg

3D053802-0A91-45E5-8512-8923B97F275E.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

So glad I came up yesterday, knowing full well that today's conditions were going to be just as they were: horrible.
However, they did make for a worthwhile excuse to take part in the sausage Sunday festivities.

First run down Razor's was a yuge mistake and was by far the slowest run I've ever taken on any Blue slope due to the frozen racer berms and random moguls.
I'm just glad I came out of that without falling!  I'd much rather have had it like the other year where it was just a flat sheet of ice.

NM/DW, Paradise and Lazy were all pretty good, with NM/DW definitely being the best of the bunch.
Main Street was a sugar/cookie mess, except for the one groomer pass on skier's left that was a sheet of ice.

Finally got to put a face to name, as @momskeeztoo and Krazy Kathy came over to check out the sausage Sunday feast.  Nice to finally meet you @momskeeztoo!

And a kudos to @enjoralas and his Dad for putting on yet another fantastic sausage Sunday.  All the meat was fantastic!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

So glad I came up yesterday, knowing full well that today's conditions were going to be just as they were: horrible.
However, they did make for a worthwhile excuse to take part in the sausage Sunday festivities.

First run down Razor's was a yuge mistake and was by far the slowest run I've ever taken on any Blue slope due to the frozen racer berms and random moguls.
I'm just glad I came out of that without falling!  I'd much rather have had it like the other year where it was just a flat sheet of ice.

NM/DW, Paradise and Lazy were all pretty good, with NM/DW definitely being the best of the bunch.
Main Street was a sugar/cookie mess, except for the one groomer pass on skier's left that was a sheet of ice.

Finally got to put a face to name, as @momskeeztoo and Krazy Kathy came over to check out the sausage Sunday feast.  Nice to finally meet you @momskeeztoo!

And a kudos to @enjoralas and his Dad for putting on yet another fantastic sausage Sunday.  All the meat was fantastic!

Momskeeztoo is rather elusive for sure...

Yes, it was nice to put faces to all the names on here. I will definitely do more visiting with all of you. And yes, conditions today were scary. Only decent run NM to DW. We just kept lapping that until about 1 pm, then I guess the secret was out. Run got crowded, so we called it a day. Skiing again Wednesday. 

• Like 2

IDK why everybody is so in love with NW/DW. Sure, it was nice, but also thin and narrow. Paradise had better quality snow (really the best today) and was wide, smooth and thick. Also for some reason the troopers are not enforcing speed limits yet, so it really is a blast to ski.

Lazy was trash from the start. Second time in a row for me.

Today was Grate. Except for the snow. But NMDW saved the day on that one. Lapped it 5 more times when I went out for a second session. 

Big thanks to @Enjoralas for the scrumptious meats 

Edited by Schif

10 minutes ago, Asnowmobiler said:

I enjoyed Paradise and dream weaver, they were firm and fast but not too firm, the rest was shit. Got 18 runs in and enjoyed most of them.
I heard someone fell off one of the lifts?

Didnt hear that but there seemed like a lot of commotion at one point near what looked like the quad. 

Nmdw was rotd for sure, the brown out at the top yesterday kept traffic low. Smooth and fast and good grip. 

The god Damn food though, enjorales is all time pasr. Nobody eats like we do in any ski area parking lot any where.

Salty dude no bullshit we do care. Come skiing come hang out, whatever. It was good to see you dude. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eaf said:

IDK why everybody is so in love with NW/DW. Sure, it was nice, but also thin and narrow. Paradise had better quality snow (really the best today) and was wide, smooth and thick. Also for some reason the troopers are not enforcing speed limits yet, so it really is a blast to ski.

Lazy was trash from the start. Second time in a row for me.

Paradise was too slow with the wind..NMDW skied much better..I think almost everybody is in agreement. Thin and narrow gives the run character.  Dreamweaver skied more like a double blue..maybe even a red for euros