1/9/20 - Still Winter

toast21602

Quick morning session with @theprogram4 @Shadows @mute1080 @momskeeztoo @zzslope in the house. Everything they blew on was great first thing for a few runs and then starting getting cookied. ParaWeaver was ROTD ave Main Street was a close 2nd. Big ole whales on nightmare and razors as well as lower park. Some great production before the tropical storm this weekend. Surprised to see how crowded it was for a Thursday morning. 

C367FB06-F924-4DFA-B935-A06B678AB372.jpeg

• Like 6

Took the wrong turn coming out of the development this morning, and wound up at the wrong mountain. Also liked Paradise and Dreamweaver, but Challenge was also real nice first thing in the morning. Hit Lazy Mile and Main Street a couple of times. Left about 11:30.

These days I’m wearing a helmet with black front and green back, bright green gaiter, and my Leki poles. If you see me, say hi. I have four more discounted tickets, so I’ll be back a few more weekdays.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Took the wrong turn coming out of the development this morning, and wound up at the wrong mountain. Also liked Paradise and Dreamweaver, but Challenge was also real nice first thing in the morning. Hit Lazy Mile and Main Street a couple of times. Left about 11:30.

These days I’m wearing a helmet with black front and green back, bright green gaiter, and my Leki poles. If you see me, say hi. I have four more discounted tickets, so I’ll be back a few more weekdays.

Give us a heads up next time! 

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun night session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, PARidge, Johnny Law and GahSkier George. Temperatures were in the mid 20s under clear sky’s with light winds..great snowmaking temperatures.  The snowmaking cannons were fired up on Razors, Nightmare, lower park and Central Park along with a few random spots.  

On the snow a few minutes bedore 7 and there were about 15 buses worth of kids or more and the entire lower lodge was lined with bags.  Looked like Tijuana during the migrant caravan.  First run paraweaver..snow was chalky and scraped off not bad and no root rollers on lower diZzle..The amount of people on homestretch was mad Cypress Hill..insane in the membrane.  Lazy mile was crazy mile snow was not bad..falls was pretty nice.  Upper Main Street was good..lower not so much..shuttle was slow with snowmaking cannons firing. Maybe lower park for the weekend or maybe they let the whales cure.  

Challenge was also closed..massive lift capacity and limited terrain...did lazy again and then finished off with a couple more Paraweavers..a lot of Aggro beginners but some short empty stretches as well. Skies a whopping 8 runs total in under an hour and a half then hungout in the lot for an hour. Enjorales cousin was there but he bugged out before beer thirty. Was nice getting a last taste of winter before this weekends tropical heat wave...JADIP

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

What I like about your reports is how spot on they sometimes are, and how they just convey the general mood on the mountain. They don't just mention casually about that trail being ROTD, they get into things like guns roaring, kids piling up from buses, DW being scraped, Paradise spitting out an occasional flock of cautious beginners down the DW or that lift capacity exceeding the amount of open terrain. I kept of thinking the same thing: wow, no lines anywhere, and yet such a crowded feeling on the slopes. I can only add that if you looped the quad you'd see groomers in action and as somebody said on the lift that night: "damn, I wish I had one of those".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What I like about your reports is how spot on they sometimes are, and how they just convey the general mood on the mountain. They don't just mention casually about that trail being ROTD, they get into things like guns roaring, kids piling up from buses, DW being scraped, Paradise spitting out an occasional flock of cautious beginners down the DW or that lift capacity exceeding the amount of open terrain. I kept of thinking the same thing: wow, no lines anywhere, and yet such a crowded feeling on the slopes. I can only add that if you looped the quad you'd see groomers in action and as somebody said on the lift that night: "damn, I wish I had one of those".

Doug for sure knows how to write a report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1