1/12/20..another spring day..sunny

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at th lower lot before 720am and in the house were Johnny Law, JFBBDan, PA Ridge, Atomic Jeff, Toast, NMSki, Indiggio, SaltyAnt, Ryan, Mute, BenM, PSUGuy, Bethlehem ford guy, SliM, Gary, MBIke mike, Enjorales dad, GahSkier George, Nastar Glenn, matt Edge, the dude4Bidea and many more 

Temperatures were in the upper 50s under clearing sky’s with strong southwesterly winds. First run was challenge which was rough AF..just not smooth and very firm..next run on nightmare dreamweaver was a bit better and Main Street also super rough...paradise was alright and lazy mile wasn’t bad although lots of skeet spots. I skied till about 930 then went to the lot for a beer or two..then back for some more about 45 minutes later. 

Second seasion skied nightmare to dreamweaver first which was better but still very much in the shade.  Over to Main Street and did maybe 15 bumps and they were tight big and firm sort of like the chicks I look at on chatterbait.  Finished off with two challenge runs on the left side there was sunshine and it was smooth enough..back to the lot for more beer and cheeseballs...was a nicer weather day then most of out end of the season parties.  Still would have been better at the jersey snow dome...no threat of vitamin D..JADIP

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Great report! It was great to get out again and ski the powder. Enjoyable run down Nightmare with @GrilledSteezeSandwich and @PSUFly.

NM/DW has been pretty good this season..more technical with the skeet spots. Salty I’m glad you keep an extra facemask available in case anybody needs one.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

From what i have seen from pics of Vermont yesterday, Blue survived pretty well, we are lucky the have the snowmaking system they do.  It looks like winter returns on Thursday with good snowmaking temps overnight.  Look past Sunday and we see some really nice temps.  Hope that holds.  Watching the Beltsville Bouy for something on Saturday.  

image.png.56b2bb108366ac4ee40b25f790f762a4.png

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

This weather is awful.

We all had a fun weekend of spring skiing and Blue is still open with the majority of their terrain open and there’s cold air in the forecast and we’ve already had two months of ski season. I’m not about to be a sour puss over normal PA weather..it is what it is.  

• Like 1