Weekend roll call thread 1/18-19..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

43 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

gonna be a shit show on saturday

I will say it will be a bigger shit show on Sunday if it snows even a little in Philly.  Those that wont drive up saturday in the snow, will surely be there Sunday for all the fresh pow.  

• Like 3

Sunday will be fantastic for the first 35 minutes

So if the bulk of the snow is going to fall Saturday afternoon, would it be beneficial to go up then? I still feel like a rookie when it comes to Blue sometimes. Or should I just pack a lunch and plan on being in the parking lot all day waiting for the afternoon refresh. 

Edited by Schif

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

So if the bulk of the snow is going to fall Saturday afternoon, would it be beneficial to go up then? I still feel like a rookie when it comes to Blue sometimes. Or should I just pack a lunch and plan on being in the parking lot all day waiting for the afternoon refresh. 

All depends on temps. Trending to be more of an ice event but anything could happen. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I will say it will be a bigger shit show on Sunday if it snows even a little in Philly.  Those that wont drive up saturday in the snow, will surely be there Sunday for all the fresh pow.  

Woops, I meant Sunday, idk why I said Saturday.  As you said, the "snow in the backyard" crowd will be in full force on what is already one of the biggest weekends if the year

14 minutes ago, Schif said:

This is the big question.  I have no plans on Sat that cant be rearranged to make for the best skiing.  Maybe a morning session, refreshments, ski, lunch, ski, refreshments, who knows really at this point.  Maybe make a trip to home depot and bed bath beyond.....not sure if we would have time.  This is where NMSKI's camper thing would come in handy, albeit end up smelling like farts in the end.  

I'm not sold on any forecast at this point, and based on prior "winter" events this season, the best forecast will be the one made Saturday morning.  

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Schif said:

Will be the best while it’s snowing.  Second best the next morning when freshly groomed. 

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sounds good to me.  Blue needs the business. 

now that im old and over the hill, crowds at the mountain make me angrier than they used to.  i think its cause the past 2 thursday mornings have left me disappointed with so many people there.  but as you said, blue needs all the money they can get so ill just suck it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

im worried about potential crowds, i was shocked last week at the gaper invasion.  are thursday mornings as we know them dead?

I’m not sure. I hope not. I’ve never experienced a weekday morning like that before. I can’t imagine that is the new norm. 

Sounds good to me.  Blue needs the business. 

Getting tired of blue taking 4 years to open one new single trail. Does Barb really care about the skiing? Huntah got sold and wham bam thank you mam they got a whole new ski area.

Your welcome to tell me to bite it if new owners get rid of the VIP line though...