Weekend roll call thread 1/18-19..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, for you it would be killer - don't you go west twice a year?  That would be a huge savings.  Though Jackson Hole isn't Epic - is it Ikon?  I don't know...

Side note - as a family we went to Big Sky for the first time last week.  Awesome mountain.  That is Ikon.  And the locals on the lifts all said Ikon increased their traffic significantly.  Mixed bag though, because the added traffic is leading to serious upgrades in lifts, which they all appreciate.  But they thought the mountain was crowded.  By crowded, they meant 10 minute lines at the base I guess...singles line was line 5 minutes.  Upper mountain lifts were all ski on.

Second side note - couple of friends are going to JH in March and I'm trying to adjust schedule to join them - any secrets for cheap air fare?  Won't have the time to drive from SLC or Bozeman.  Direct the JH is pretty pricey, but I guess I won't need a car once I'm there?

I believe direct Newark to Jackson hole this year was under $500. Can also fly through Chicago or Denver if on united or Dallas if on American. Definitely go to Jackson hole. Did you ski anything off the Tram at Big Sky?  Liberty bowl and Bavarerian forest both nice.  You should post a report. 10 minute liftlines for Montana is huge.  The two seasons I lived in bozeman and skied mainly Bridger bowl and sometimes big sky I don’t think I waited over five minutes for any lift except the big sky tram. 

39 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Better have the 6 running!

If it’s not running prepare for some serious liftlines.  Amazing what a workhorse the quad has become. I remember the days before the six pack if the quad was down there’d be like a 45 minute liftline for the challenge double.  Now we cry like babies when it’s a 5 minute wait and the fickle gates has me doing the Penguin belly slide version of the Limbo..don’t push me when I’m on Razors edge I’m trying not to lose my head ahuh huh huh it’s like a mountain sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under..the gates the gates 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I believe direct Newark to Jackson hole this year was under $500. Can also fly through Chicago or Denver if on united or Dallas if on American. Definitely go to Jackson hole. Did you ski anything off the Tram at Big Sky?  Liberty bowl and Bavarerian forest both nice.  You should post a report. 10 minute liftlines for Montana is huge.  The two seasons I lived in bozeman and skied mainly Bridger bowl and sometimes big sky I don’t think I waited over five minutes for any lift except the big sky tram. 

My kids skied liberty bowl off teh tram because they had a private lesson..  That was the only was down - low snow out there right now.  Every time I wanted to ride the tram, the line was crazy or visibility was zero. so never made it.

Bavarian Forest, Badlands, Dakota Gully off teh Dakota chair were all great.  The bowls off powder seeker and the steeps off Challenger lift (Big Rock Tongue, 17th green) and the Headwaters Chutes were the steeps I skied.  

As fun as the steeps and bowls were, I thought their trees were incredible.  

I'm seeing flights from newark for $800 to JH as the cheapest I can find for my dates.

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

My kids skied liberty bowl off teh tram because they had a private lesson..  That was the only was down - low snow out there right now.  Every time I wanted to ride the tram, the line was crazy or visibility was zero. so never made it.

Bavarian Forest, Badlands, Dakota Gully off teh Dakota chair were all great.  The bowls off powder seeker and the steeps off Challenger lift (Big Rock Tongue, 17th green) and the Headwaters Chutes were the steeps I skied.  

As fun as the steeps and bowls were, I thought their trees were incredible.  

I'm seeing flights from newark for $800 to JH as the cheapest I can find for my dates.

Nice glad you had fun.  What are the dates you’re looking at?  March actually can be more expensive to Rocky Mountain resorts. It’s considered high season at least the first three weeks and rental cars can be more money then as well.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice glad you had fun.  What are the dates you’re looking at?  March actually can be more expensive to Rocky Mountain resorts. It’s considered high season at least the first three weeks and rental cars can be more money then as well.  

3/11-15.  seeing some for 725 now...

On 1/18/2020 at 7:02 AM, mute1080 said:

I see ABE through ORD at $679. Also, PHL through ORD is $607 for those dates. Not sure what’s closer for you but it’s a little cheaper.

Thanks - yeah, I should consider a connection flight from PHL....