1-15 afternoon sesh

RidgeRacer

Arrived at 4:45 and it was 44° at the top. Surprisingly not as busy in the top lodge as I thought it would be. Was expecting some ski clubs but they must all be at the Valley Lodge.

Skiing with Mrs. Mute so it was down Burma first and then lapping lazy and Paradise. Snow is sugar but minimal push piles. Temperatures mild and crowds light. Good times.

Grabbing a bite at Slope Side and then heading back out. Already pulled my pass out so I don’t forget that 10% discount.

• Like 5

I got out on the snow around 930 this am. Was I surprised bulletproof cord. Quickly softened up, though, and conditions were very nice. Except for Razors, which I didn’t attempt. Top was full of craters, frozen bumps, and some kind of crevice going down the middle. Weird, because it was ROTD Tuesday. Nice weather for tailgating, as well. I’ll be back Friday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

They actually did do a nice job on everything else. It has been a rough season so far, considering the weather. I can’t complain. 

I can!

There have been other years with weather that was just as bad or worse and the grooming was nowhere near as bad as it's been this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The groomers go real fast and don’t make enough passes.  The elimination of twice daily grooming in 2007 was also a big loss.  That was grate even if you didn’t get fresh cord for night session it kept things smoother. 

QFT!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

2008/2009 was my first season at blue and they had twice day grooming

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah I thought they kept it going later than 2007.  A lot of changes began occurring in 2007 when Ray died. That’s when they went from 730 to 8am opening on weekends. 

Miss those days!