Killington

zzslope

We have stayed at Mountain Sports Inn several times. It’s not fancy, no bar, but nice common room with wood burning stove and you can BYOB. Nice hot breakfast included in am, but not an all you can eat deal. Local owns it and seems invested in the area. I haven’t been to Killington in about 2 years, hopefully place hasn’t been sold. If you just want to ski, and don’t care about nightlife it’s a pretty good deal. 

I'm looking for advice on ski and stay places for a short midweek trip to killington sometime in the next couple weeks.

Hillcrest lodge (stupid name - it’s at the bottom of a hill) is on the K access rd and it’s cheap too. Problem is it’s cheap so if hanky panky going on down the hall you hear it.

My go-to, especially for solo travel is Turn of River Lodge (more on this later). Not on k access rd but 1 m from sky ship Gondi on Rt 4. Not my fav starting point as it takes 20 min to ski after loading though. My pro tip is park at corner of lot trail access next to snowdon bubble chair. Super short and easy access and car is right there for lunch and tinnies. Other convenient start is bear but car is a bit farther away.

If staying at ToR two great breakfast spots, First is about 0.2m down Rt 4 toward k access rd on your right. Dream makers bakery. A little $$ for breakfast Sammy (~$8) but crazy good farm-to-table Vt goodness. Problem is their midweek hrs are no good. The second option is Water wheel trading post. Mom/pop operation and will have half dozen local pick up trucks parked in front scoring breakfast. Cheap homemade breakfast sammy’s and is about 0.8m on left Rt 4 heading toward k access rd from ToR. Last suggestion is sun up bakery on k access rd on right just before hitting rams head area.

ToR is a throwback. Got a huge common area with huge fireplace, tv (folks play jeopardy every night - I suck at it but blame it on the boxed wine) and access to full kitchen so that’s where I ate dinner almost every night. Lot of regulars there (ski instructors, mountain ambassadors patrollers) but always welcoming. Last trip I went with 2 other guys who never been there and they loved it.

Bunks downstairs is $40/night (separate woman’s and men’s dorms). Private rooms available upstairs with shared or private baths.

Another ski option to consider is Pico if they got most of their terrain open. Cheaper than K and worth a day if you’re in the mood. Good luck
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, tarponhead said:

Hillcrest lodge (stupid name - it’s at the bottom of a hill) is on the K access rd and it’s cheap too. Problem is it’s cheap so if hanky panky going on down the hall you hear it.

My go-to, especially for solo travel is Turn of River Lodge (more on this later). Not on k access rd but 1 m from sky ship Gondi on Rt 4. Not my fav starting point as it takes 20 min to ski after loading though. My pro tip is park at corner of lot trail access next to snowdon bubble chair. Super short and easy access and car is right there for lunch and tinnies. Other convenient start is bear but car is a bit farther away.

If staying at ToR two great breakfast spots, First is about 0.2m down Rt 4 toward k access rd on your right. Dream makers bakery. A little $$ for breakfast Sammy (~$8) but crazy good farm-to-table Vt goodness. Problem is their midweek hrs are no good. The second option is Water wheel trading post. Mom/pop operation and will have half dozen local pick up trucks parked in front scoring breakfast. Cheap homemade breakfast sammy’s and is about 0.8m on left Rt 4 heading toward k access rd from ToR. Last suggestion is sun up bakery on k access rd on right just before hitting rams head area.

ToR is a throwback. Got a huge common area with huge fireplace, tv (folks play jeopardy every night - I suck at it but blame it on the boxed wine) and access to full kitchen so that’s where I ate dinner almost every night. Lot of regulars there (ski instructors, mountain ambassadors patrollers) but always welcoming. Last trip I went with 2 other guys who never been there and they loved it.

Bunks downstairs is $40/night (separate woman’s and men’s dorms). Private rooms available upstairs with shared or private baths.

Another ski option to consider is Pico if they got most of their terrain open. Cheaper than K and worth a day if you’re in the mood. Good luck

Thank you, great info, I saw that ToR place on line.