1/18/20...busy..rough..snowing.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  In the house were Johnny Law, JFDan, NMSki, Mute, Ryan, Enjorales cousin, Bethlehem Ford Guy, GahSkier George, Indiggio, Mixilplix, BenM MBike Mike, Slim, Justo, Rose and many others. The temperature was in the upper teens under overcast sky’s with light winds. 

Opening bell was a mellow affair with the usual suspects ready for fresh cord. My first two runs were on challenge and it was a freaking carpet. I even got some float after the second headwall. The falls and homestretch were immaculate.  Main Street was super rough, lazy mile was crazy mile and also rough..I didn’t do nightmare dreamweaver despite people saying it was good. Midway through as actually pretty nice..high five for stoke. 

Snowmaking cannons were firing across the mountain from switchback to tubing and random places...liftlines were no big dealio with both the six pack and quad running...

fun parking lot today with cheeseballs eating cheeseballs..snow falling fa lalalala I think this new snow combined with the old snow and snowmaking will groom out well and as long as it stays cold conditions should be alright. This mornings conditIons were rough with a little bit of nice on challenge but the forecast is grate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am going to start a GoFundMe page so they can send the groomers somewhere to learn how to do it.  Holy fuck do they need help in that department.  Their busiest day to date, and this is the best they could do.  Cookies are one thing, but if they could just groom the trails flat, it would be such a huge improvement.  Their FB page already has some comments about the grooming being less than stellar.  I went into today thinking i would stick around to ski the second session in the snow, but i felt like even fresh snow couldnt fix things today.

Never a bad day in the parking lot though.  See you weirdos tomorrow for round 2.  

• Like 1

First run down Razors wasn't bad so I had hopes the rest of the trails would be the same...That ended quickly when I went down NMDW...It was like riding down a gravel pit..

Went down Paradise just after the groomers got done with it and it was pretty bad...Left after about an hour cause of the conditions/crowds...

I am going to start a GoFundMe page so they can send the groomers somewhere to learn how to do it.  Holy fuck do they need help in that department.  Their busiest day to date, and this is the best they could do.  Cookies are one thing, but if they could just groom the trails flat, it would be such a huge improvement.  Their FB page already has some comments about the grooming being less than stellar.  I went into today thinking i would stick around to ski the second session in the snow, but i felt like even fresh snow couldnt fix things today.

Never a bad day in the parking lot though.  See you weirdos tomorrow for round 2.  

They're actually advertising on social media about how they spent all night grooming. Showing time lapse videos of groomers making their way up and down the slopes last night.

PM session sounds better than am other than missing hanging with you fools. Variable conditions with A LOT Of bad skiers out there. So many it never made fun snow piles until about 4-4:30, until then it scrappy/ nice / scrappy. Highlight was 2 runs after they
Dropped the rope on razors and late afternoon skiers left on NMDW. Left around 4:45 sleet down low and a lil snow in top. If it doesn’t turn to all rain overnight should be good tomorrow as long as the groomers don’t fuck it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The snow today was hilariously rough lol nmdw I'm not sure where else I've ever seen something like that before. 

First two runs on challenge were a perfect carpet too lol

Hopefully this precip will at least  smooth things out, surface could be firm 

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 1

Y’all bailed on Razor’s first run and missed out, sorry!  It was the best conditions all season on any trail so far.  BMR must have payed the law down, as the snow and grooming was par excellence!  Everything else was meh in comparison.

Lazy was horrible as was DW.  It’s like they never made snow in 20’ temps ever before.  WTF??

Paradise first run was great, subsequent runs were meh.

Ended up running Challenge ditch which had nice snow all day long.   

Last year, I skied MLK day after coming back from Florida and it was amazing. Razor's Edge was a magical carpet of fluffy white snow all day long.

Was hoping for the same this year but sounds like it will be krap. Guess I'll just wait til next weekend.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Last year, I skied MLK day after coming back from Florida and it was amazing. Razor's Edge was a magical carpet of fluffy white snow all day long.

Was hoping for the same this year but sounds like it will be krap. Guess I'll just wait til next weekend.

Tomorrow morning is going to be great. See you there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

It will be good tomorrow Am. 

• Thanks 1