1/19...nice snow..busy

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at dark o’clock and it was around 30 degrees under overcast sky’s with increasing winds.  In the house were Johnny Law, JFBB Dan, Atomic Jeff, MBike Mike, BenM, PSYFly, Mixilplix, Enjorales dad, Enjorales cousin, Slim, Indiggio, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Justo, Rose, theRealKt, Cuong, Phoeng, Ying and Joan’s husband.  

First run was challenge which was a western groomer.  Second run on challenge almost as good except for the race kid being a trail whore. Both the six pack and quad were running a bit slower maybe 3/4 speed.  Main Street was good especially upper left where the Barney’s bumps used to be.  Switchback is open now but I didn’t ski it..lazy mile was crazy mile and nice having lower park open.  

While i skied from 8-9:42am no serious lift lines but by like 1030-11 lines looked very long as more and more people kept spilling in.  I hungout in the lot for awhile then ate at point Phillips hotel with MBike Mike and Atomic Jeff was very good.  All in all nice ski conditions and good to see blue mountain making some johnny cash. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

With some help from Mother Nature, I actually was pretty optimistic about conditions today and was happy that they met and some (Switchback & Chute) actually exceeded expectations!  

Switchback was surprisingly good considering they just opened it.  Guess they let the wells drain enough before they got around to grooming them out.

We stopped at the top of Chute to check it out before heading down as it loonies like they forgot to finish grooming it, but when we went down and hit the first pike cookies, they just blew apart!  The snow was so good on Chute we managed to seed a line of bumps.  Unfortunately with the crowds, we all got fed up with the lines and bolted around noon for parking lot tinnies.

3 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Almost forgot about the parking lot shitshow.  People waiting 10 minutes for parking spots, trying to squeeze into parking spots, and just shitty drivers in general.  It made for great parking lot entertainment.  

I’m really excited about tomorrow. Some decent skiing followed by free entertainment. 

• Like 2