Blue 1-20 Carpet Diem!

RidgeRacer

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

@momskeeztoo should be posting soon. Today on the lift, I tried to convince her I was Toast first, then GrilledSteezeSandwich, but she didn't believe me.

Yes, I knew you weren’t Toast or GSS, not the right body type for either, and the RTMs threw you right under the bus. Got out on the snow around 830, had lots of runs skiing right on to the lift. About 1030 the crowds arrived. The quad stopped around 1245, and the lines became unbearable. Quad started again after about an hour, but lines were still too long, hung out in the parking lot til around 4. Snow was really nice today, weather was perfect. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well, it appears as though Blue can't take any criticism on their handiwork.

On their "love the groomers" post, one of the bumpers posted a picture of their latest waste of Main Street trail space (aka Barney's Bumps).
Of course, we had some, not overly critical, comments on the picture and their effort.

I got a notice that someone commented on the post and went to check it out, only to find that the entire section of the post, including the picture and all the comments, delete.

Wow, just wow!   Fake news at its best!

28 minutes ago, indiggio said:

On their "love the groomers" post, one of the bumpers posted a picture of their latest waste of Main Street trail space (aka Barney's Bumps).
Of course, we had some, not overly critical, comments on the picture and their effort.

I got a notice that someone commented on the post and went to check it out, only to find that the entire section of the post, including the picture and all the comments, delete.

So I guess the bitching and moaning on social media isn’t working, huh? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

So I guess the bitching and moaning on social media isn’t working, huh? 

I must be working to a certain point.
At least we know the social media person is reading the posts, but it obviously isn't going any further than that based upon the abortion on Main Street.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, indiggio said:

If somebody criticized my business online and I had the ability to remove it, I would.  If not for google reviews I would tell many many people to fuck off on the regular. 

Indiggio have you or any of the bumpers talked to management in person about your concerns?  Slim loudly ranting in the liftline doesn’t count. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

17 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I must be working to a certain point.
At least we know the social media person is reading the posts, but it obviously isn't going any further than that based upon the abortion on Main Street.

Hopefully it goes a little further than the 12 year old running their FB page. Im not a fan of FB bitching, but i dont see another way of getting through to them.  I didnt see the post.   Hopefully the grooming will continue to improve after that hilarious Saturday where i think they let the local Boy Scout troop run the groomers.  I do also think they should let Chute bump up.  Personally, i like to see Main full width, but i'm always willing to share.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If somebody criticized my business online and I had the ability to remove it, I would.  If not for google reviews I would tell many many people to fuck off on the regular. 

Indiggio have you or any of the bumpers talked to management in person about your concerns?  Slim loudly ranting in the liftline doesn’t count. 

My work is constantly criticized, then I improve it, making what I produce even better.
I have no way to delete my boss' or co-worker's comments and they're all out in the open of our group for all to see.
In my opinion, It's a cop-out to hide/delete comments/suggestions/criticisms made by others, just to cover up poor/no effort made to improve what you're doing.

Yeah, I know that there has been feedback provided directly to Blue's management and even offers of assistance to help improve their effort, which have been ignored and obviously rejected.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Hopefully it goes a little further than the 12 year old running their FB page. Im not a fan of FB bitching, but i dont see another way of getting through to them.  I didnt see the post.   Hopefully the grooming will continue to improve after that hilarious Saturday where i think they let the local Boy Scout troop run the groomers.  I do also think they should let Chute bump up.  Personally, i like to see Main full width, but i'm always willing to share.  

I don't care to just beat on FB, but I also don't like that they delete what's truly there either.  
So yeah, they can show Barney's is open on their trail map, but why delete a picture of how they look, unless they're not proud of how they look for others to see before they go (if they're going specifically to ski Barney's, which, on a lift ride the other day, people said that they came to ski Barney's but they weren't set).

To be honest, if they're just going to set them the way they are, I'd be more than happy that they left Main Street full width, as what they've done is a waste of prime trail space.

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Or threaten to move to another mountain (actually do it if need be). They won't change anything if people continue to pony up on season passes every year. If they see a significant drop in pass revenue they'll listen.

I agree with voting with your wallet.  However, in my opinion, a few drops in the bucket won't cause Blue to improve, but would probably take it in the opposite direction for those that stay (see Sidewinder park).  I think Blue would rather just do away with work than try to improve.