$30 tix this weekend

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Looked into their conditions report today and I am feeling it is unlikely I will take advantage of this offer unless there is significant inprovement. With easily half of their acreage and ~2/3 of their black diamond trails closed, it's not worth the drive and the $30. If they crank up the snow making and get a couple more blacks open by Sun, I will re-evaluate. 

• Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Looked into their conditions report today and I am feeling it is unlikely I will take advantage of this offer unless there is significant inprovement. With easily half of their acreage and ~2/3 of their black diamond trails closed, it's not worth the drive and the $30. If they crank up the snow making and get a couple more blacks open by Sun, I will re-evaluate. 

I could ski Susquehanna all day long. A few years ago I did a night session with only 3 trails open. I was basically the only person there besides ski patrol. It was radical. 

Elk has the guns cranking. All of the previously opened trails have been resurfaced and are in excellent shape. Their website says machine groomed / variable conditions. There are very few variable spots (read ice patches) on any trail. I think they will have 3 or 4 more black trails open by Saturday. Kickapoo, Tecumpsah, and Chippewa, are either being groomed out today or tomorrow. Tuscarora was being bombarded all night last night and today. Iroquois and Mohawk should be next leaving only Lackawana to be covered. Lehigh, the natural snow trail, does not have enough snow to open.
Elks' grooming is fantastic.
The only thing keeping the R&R Ski boys anchored to our bar stools this weekend will be the crowds created by the $30. lift ticket sales.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rummy said:

Elk has the guns cranking. All of the previously opened trails have been resurfaced and are in excellent shape. Their website says machine groomed / variable conditions. There are very few variable spots (read ice patches) on any trail. I think they will have 3 or 4 more black trails open by Saturday. Kickapoo, Tecumpsah, and Chippewa, are either being groomed out today or tomorrow. Tuscarora was being bombarded all night last night and today. Iroquois and Mohawk should be next leaving only Lackawana to be covered. Lehigh, the natural snow trail, does not have enough snow to open.
Elks' grooming is fantastic.
The only thing keeping the R&R Ski boys anchored to our bar stools this weekend will be the crowds created by the $30. lift ticket sales.....

Awesome to hear. Thanks for the update. Sounds like Elk could be a good plan after all. 

10 minutes ago, Benm said:

Why I liked this from the start. Still iffy weather wise tho. 

If enough ppl roll the dice, I'm in tho def. 

Nobody is gonna be there except Ski2Live and Ski2Live is a chach.  Saturday is gonna be a washout all of eastern PA but Sunday should be grate maybe even sausage Sunday. Bring that Kielbasa 

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

Why I liked this from the start. Still iffy weather wise tho. 

If enough ppl roll the dice, I'm in tho def. 

It depends on the weather. Don't listen to Doug. He won't be there but that wouldn't persuade anyone either way. We should know a bit more tomorrow about weather plan, but if it is rain like the trend is going, nobody will go. If snow is more likely, then I'll likely go and I know others will as well. 

• Like 4

Elk update.... Mother Nature didn't cooperate with more openings. It's been above freezing since Thursday morning and not cold enough to blow snow. Chippewa opened Thursday, but Kickapoo Tecumpseh,and Tuscarora are still closed. The snow has held up well. Spring conditions today and sunshine no wind.