Broken Blue 1/22/20

toast21602

1 minute ago, trackbiker said:

Since "Coming Soon" has not been coming soon for literally years now, I would bet they don't want to spend any money keeping spare parts for the lifts on the shelf .

I'm thinking the grooming sucks because they don't want to pay any extra for training when they buy a new groomer.

They need to go slower and make more passes...I don’t think the work of the groomers is inspected much by any sort of supervisor. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Since "Coming Soon" has not been coming soon for literally years now, I would bet they don't want to spend any money keeping spare parts for the lifts on the shelf .

I'm thinking the grooming sucks because they don't want to pay any extra for training when they buy a new groomer.

I would almost guarantee a machine of that degree would come with training.  Whether or not Blue uses manufacturers support, is probably unlikely.  

They probably suffer some from the same thing i see at work, which is, "i know what im doing, i have been doing it for years."  And the grooming at Blue does sort of reflect someone "doing it for years" just maybe not the best way.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Lift went down just when I got out there☹️  Lines were longer than normal for a Wednesday, I think because they do race clinic, woman’s clinic and special olympics  on Wednesday. The line was pretty much non existent after 12, and conditions were beautiful. 

Did you score first chair wednesday?

On 1/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, toast21602 said:

Beautiful morning at Blue, again. Until the lift broke. The 6pack has been down all morning. On the quad now which has been stopped for 11 minutes and counting with the emergency stop happening every time it starts. I’ve never been anywhere else with such continuous lift issues. Hopefully things get fixed soon. At least the sun is out. I ❤️ Blue. 

44F22593-2278-4F4E-AADC-A23F3C2C641F.jpeg

We headed over to the little gap side, the conditions were excellent, and the old school lift rides were fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

No, I hardly ever get out right at opening. Got on the snow around 945. 

I’m glad the new hours don’t affect you.  The 9am weekday start is so freaking late to me even though that’s when the majority of ski resorts in North America open. Unreal having 30+ people waiting for the quad to open today.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m glad the new hours don’t affect you.  The 9am weekday start is so freaking late to me even though that’s when the majority of ski resorts in North America open. Unreal having 30+ people waiting for the quad to open today.  

the 2019-2020 ski season was the death of weekday mornings as we know them at blue mountain.  there have been multiple weekday mornings this year where i have been legitimately angry at the amount of people there.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

the 2019-2020 ski season was the death of weekday mornings as we know them at blue mountain.  there have been multiple weekday mornings this year where i have been legitimately angry at the amount of people there.  

That was me yesterday...9am opening allows everybody to be there for opening and it’s busy right off the bat.

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That was me yesterday...9am opening allows everybody to be there for opening and it’s busy right off the bat.

i feel guilty about missing yesterday, but Mon-Thurs was the sickest ive been in awhile.  considering im starting to feel better today, i prob made the right decision.  for my sake, it might be good if blue closes tomorrow cause id consider a RAW session and then wake up at 5am sunday to go right back..would probably negate any rest and healing ive done the past few days

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

i feel guilty about missing yesterday, but Mon-Thurs was the sickest ive been in awhile.  considering im starting to feel better today, i prob made the right decision.  for my sake, it might be good if blue closes tomorrow cause id consider a RAW session and then wake up at 5am sunday to go right back..would probably negate any rest and healing ive done the past few days

Blue should just close tomorrow but they have winterfest so I don’t know.  Maybe I sound petty bitching about weekday morning crowds but there were numerous people blocking the gates for the quad yesterday and like a mini liftline 10 chairs or so within two runs...I do get a kick out of the weekday morning crowd..not so aggro like weekday nights or weekend mornings..the majority of the people headed straight for paradise the first run and definitely some old ass skis like K2 Merlin’s

3 minutes ago, Benm said:

not today, no.

in other news today, sidewinder was open. was interested in seeing what it was like so i made it my first run. it was fuckin atrocious. 

I won’t even ski runs the first day they’re open anymore at Blue.  Just asking for a wasted run maybe by Sunday it will be decent. Good on Blue for getting that open..having everything open before February isn’t bad at all. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I won’t even ski runs the first day they’re open anymore at Blue.  Just asking for a wasted run maybe by Sunday it will be decent. Good on Blue for getting that open..having everything open before February isn’t bad at all. 

Anything before March is a bonus! 

• Like 2