Broken Blue 1/22/20

toast21602

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I meant quad.  I can’t even find on blues website that the six pack is down. Says 36 of 40 runs open and 10 of 16 lifts.  Navigating blues website is like an old Run DMC song.  It’s tricky 

They have had a VIP line at the quad a couple times this year. Didn't mean much, still had to wait the same as everyone else once past the gate. The conditions at blue on everything but sidewinder were very good today. Sidewinder was rock hard with cookies on top, not much fun. Barney's was a little slick in between the bumps but still fun. Skied the sleepy hollow glade the conditions at the bottom of that required your attention. The six of course was down and they were only spinning the main street chair on the little gap side (vista chair too I guess) so the lines there grew quickly. But overall a great day.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Benm said:

not today, no.

in other news today, sidewinder was open. was interested in seeing what it was like so i made it my first run. it was fuckin atrocious. 

Atrocious is an understatement! Sidewinder was brutal today, not sure what the hell they did grooming it but that sucked,

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m still not getting much info on the six pack situation at Blue. 

This is great! Though I thought you got banned from their chat just for inquiring Tonya regarding which article of clothing she was sporting yesterday?

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

What I was told was the sixer is down becuase of a drive issue. A rep from the manufacturer was there yesterday which makes me think they don't know exactly what's wrong with it.

Both those chairs are pretty old

Oh boy.  Regardless, with proper maintenance, there's no reason those chairs couldn't last a long time.

50 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Oh boy.  Regardless, with proper maintenance, there's no reason those chairs couldn't last a long time.

The quad is 30 years old, the sixer is 25ish. 30 years is generally the limit on detachable chairs.

It's like an old car, yes proper maintenance can extend the life but eventually you'd replace so many parts it wouldn't be the same car and would cost more than a new one.

I just hope they get it running fast, by 930ish all week there was a solid wait at the quad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

This is great! Though I thought you got banned from their chat just for inquiring Tonya regarding which article of clothing she was sporting yesterday?

I visited the site through a proxy server so they thought I was in Nigeria bahahah @RajeevGuptaSucheeta it’s bananas 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Imagine what the presidents weekend liftlines will be like with no 6-pack..Blue might have to limit ticket sales...Bahahaha yeah right. 

Quad is 25 years old...no idea on the six pack it’s been at Blue for 13 years but it was used. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 3