Jackson Hole 1/28-2/5...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Had i known Yesterday AA was gonna offer me stuff for not flying today, i would have really considered staying another day. 
anyways, another great trip to JH in the books. Killing time at the airport waiting to get into an aluminum tube to be transported home.  

• Like 6

February 4th, 2020

Day 7 of 7..

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.  Arrived at the mountain at around 810am and parking in the village lot. Temperature was around -7 under sunny sky’s.  First civilian gondola and amphitheater to thunder chair was nice..Grand was better..up sublette and Rendevous bowl looked good..ended up doing Laramie bowl to the thunder chair then back up thunder and did Grand again to Gros Verte to the base.  

The stars aligned and we finally took the Tram..was a two Tram wait..Rendevous bowl was in fact very nice the wind had redeposited snow in the moguls and some sections were completely smooth.  Skied Rendevous bowl to Grand to thunder very progressive then skied some more blown in chalk below the expert Chutes.  Today was like the old school JH days runs were empty no lines at any of the chairs the cold scared some away or people started late today.  

My Boots felt great today with the cold another level of stiffness.  Was nice walking right to car had lunch at Osteria we were the only people there...back at the 49er and Atomic Jeff is running. 

176E4C8F-9D24-43D5-B14D-B2800C241C63.jpeg

64E4B27E-F2ED-485D-979E-CE91B459433D.jpeg

CAC3ADB0-7057-484B-899D-B33975EB0817.jpeg

5E779098-A121-4B0A-A852-A08F29B70E9B.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Had i known Yesterday AA was gonna offer me stuff for not flying today, i would have really considered staying another day. 
anyways, another great trip to JH in the books. Killing time at the airport waiting to get into an aluminum tube to be transported home.  

What did they offer you??  Have you boarded yet??

53 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Oh, fucking awesome. They are “fixing” the plane. Havent boarded yet, and it was supposed to take off in 15 mins. 

i really dont have a lot of luck at this airport. 

I thought there was no way in the world I was getting out yesterday.  My cab driver asked me like 10 times if I was sure I wanted to go to the airport, and you couldn't even see 20 feet in front of the car with the blowing snow.  I heard an airport worker say "I don't know what all these people are doing here, no flights are gonna be going out today".  Then as I was checking in, I overheard a couple guys whose earlier flight had been cancelled saying that nothing was available for a couple days and that they were driving to idaho falls.  I was shitting my pants at this point.  Then there was a brief break in the wind, my incoming plane landed, they got our asses on the plane and we took off.  I was very lucky.

Fingers crossed for you my friend.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What did they offer you??  Have you boarded yet??

When i got here they offered me $400 and a room, but i wasnt interested since i was already here. Had i known yesterday, i would have played lets make a deal for sure.