Jackson Hole 1/28-2/5...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

For 4 hundy I'd be thinking long and hard about staying that extra day. Lol

Like i said, i would have played lets make a deal if they got a hold of me yesterday, and i could have gone skiing today with the boys. But when i show up at the airport, plunk my bags down to get checked in, i was already heading home in my head. From what i understand toms plane was one of the few that took off yesterday, so things are already backed up, there is actually snow in the forecast tomorrow, doesnt look like a big deal but you never know. I never thought this plane wasnt going to take off on a bright sunny day, so, yeah, in the end, i should have taken it, but at the same time i could have gotten stuck there for days. 400 bucks isnt really going to change my life at this point. 
so i decided to go site seeing. I heard there is a great mexican place, blue or red tortilla or something in the shitty part of slc, so thats where im heading. Wyoming is a beautiful state. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Like i said, i would have played lets make a deal if they got a hold of me yesterday, and i could have gone skiing today with the boys. But when i show up at the airport, plunk my bags down to get checked in, i was already heading home in my head. From what i understand toms plane was one of the few that took off yesterday, so things are already backed up, there is actually snow in the forecast tomorrow, doesnt look like a big deal but you never know. I never thought this plane wasnt going to take off on a bright sunny day, so, yeah, in the end, i should have taken it, but at the same time i could have gotten stuck there for days. 400 bucks isnt really going to change my life at this point. 
so i decided to go site seeing. I heard there is a great mexican place, blue or red tortilla or something in the shitty part of slc, so thats where im heading. Wyoming is a beautiful state. 

Seems like you got a lot of your drive done in daylight.  I agree with you about when you show up at the airport and plop your bags down you’re ready to go home.  

It also sort of pissed me off that NMskis cab driver asked if he was sure about going to the airport.  I’ve landed and taken offf from JH airport in shit weather and been stuck in town an extra day because of debris on the runway.  To pack up everything show up at airport check bags go through security wait a few hours and to then take a cab back to re check in to a different hotel room is disheartening and takes the wind out of your sails. To drive to SLC is productive and even if early flight is a no go lots of backups flying early..I wish we had an earlier flight back tomorrow.  3pm or so flight to Newark and when we arrive it’s the B crew working the oversized baggage..might even crack open a backseat perpetual when I get back to my car.  Judging by the weather back east it hasn’t frozen.  

9 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Yep, all of the good scenery was done in the daylight. Bridger-teton national forest is absolutely beautiful. Afton wyoming gets a shit ton of snow too, like holy shit amount of snow.  
it was a good change of scenery to see a bit more of the west. 

That’s exactly what @mbike-ski was thinking when he did that drive 🤣

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I left Jackson Saturday. I took Delta   JAC -> ATL -> PHL

Anyways flight was delayed a bit because with all the people and luggage they announced aircraft would exceed takeoff weight requirements and they were looking for a few volunteers. I was already seated and ready to go once I heard about it but yea I would have listened to offers.

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Unlikely. 

in dfw waiting to board for phl. My rescheduled jac-dfw flight (that im not on) appears to be delayed again until 4:30, which would have put me in dfw after the last phl flight. It appears as though i did the right thing.  
so if i took the $400 and ended up somehow on the late flight, i would probably be more angry than i was yesterday. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Ha no its sucked  except for going through Teton Pass (es, 2-?). That was fuckin scary but cool as shit. Just missed two big ass elk and  I just had to stop at the lookout and take it all in, i never star so many stars in my life

• Like 4

Our flight is scheduled for 3:45pm departure.  It was 310pm. I was so lucky to be awaken by Nazareth jay texting updates.  While I’m a fan of the direct newark to Jackson flight(when it runs smoothly) I wish it was a little earlier in the day. Checkout is almost five hours before the flight.  Me and Atomic Jeff are gonna have to eat lunch really slow. 

16 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Ha no its sucked  except for going through Teton Pass (es, 2-?). That was fuckin scary but cool as shit. Just missed two big ass elk and  I just had to stop at the lookout and take it all in, i never star so many stars in my life

This is how you looked the first ski day last year except older and more like a Moose. 

A6E1CE73-E045-4F91-A404-D5643D48DB55.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$1500 travel voucher offered if people don’t want to take San Francisco flight as it’s overweight. 

Daaaaamn I would take that deal in a second if it was at the end of a trip and I was in no hurry to get home. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2