Jackson Hole 1/28-2/5...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Look I got most of them without cheating!  Bottom right is FUBAR though. What the hell is a 3 letter word for boot liner? _AC

20200504_130435.thumb.jpg.70d30fe76f1882e332e7e97e69bedbe4.jpg

48 Down: SEMI, 53 Down: DER; 56 Across: ACME

1 Across: PERT; 1 Down: PAC

If you need more help for the others let me know.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

48 Down: SEMI, 53 Down: DER; 56 Across: ACME

1 Across: PERT; 1 Down: PAC

If you need more help for the others let me know.

Thanks!! I've been getting better at crosswords since I do them daily, and it's fun learning new words. AGUE comes up almost weekly and I never knew what that was. I never heard of ACME being another word for summit. Interesting. Can't believe I didn't think of SEMI.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Thanks!! I've been getting better at crosswords since I do them daily, and it's fun learning new words. AGUE comes up almost weekly and I never knew what that was. I never heard of ACME being another word for summit. Interesting. Can't believe I didn't think of SEMI.

The more you do them the faster you can do them. Some authors use fairly standard clues and words. The Sunday editions are the best. Merle Reagle was one of my favorite crossword authors. He had a lot of clever and play-on-word type clues. Unfortunately he died a few years ago. The Washington Post still prints one of his crosswords every week.

Merle Reagle Puzzles

Wait for the ad to play out then you'll see the crosswords you can print out.

Edited by trackbiker
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You can always find the answers on google.  I got PAC as well from google I would have never known 

I was googling some but stopped 'cause it's cheatin'. Some days I get almost all of the answers and others I don't get many. I struggle with pop culture and names I've never heard of, like who the hell is Gregory Hines and how does one emulate him??

Sorry for thread jacking with crosswords! It all started with "TETONS".

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was googling some but stopped 'cause it's cheatin'. Some days I get almost all of the answers and others I don't get many. I struggle with pop culture and names I've never heard of, like who the hell is Gregory Hines and how does one emulate him??

Impressive 

• Thanks 1

Salty I'll buy you a Waffle from the Waffle Haus if you can tell me what the Tetons are named after, without looking online of course.

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Salty I'll buy you a Waffle from the Waffle Haus if you can tell me what the Tetons are named after, without looking online of course.

They are named after something @saltyant has never seen in person.  

Sorry, couldn't resist.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2