Roll Call Thread - 1/31-2/2

toast21602

Who is skiing at Blue this weekend?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you skiing at Blue Mountain?

• Both weekend days!
    • Yes, Saturday
    • Yes, Sunday
    • No, I'm not good enough to ski/board there.

2 hours ago, zzslope said:

Half speed is better than no speed.

Pretty pathetic that a ski slope can’t get their primary people mover running properly.  Is a 6-pack really rocket science?  Hell, SpaceX can launch and land a booster rocket on a barge in the middle of the Atlantic all on its own, multiple times and Blue can’t get a stupid mechanical chairlift  running properly for what 3 weeks now???

• Like 1

My guess is there is a transfer case of some sort to run two different speeds. One for when it detaches in the houses and one when it's doing the main haul.

When we rode it today and before I don't hear and feel it detach. I believe it's running at the house speed all the time becuase there is something wrong with the transfer case. 

Those arent the kinda parts just sitting around, never mind that its old or that it was an early gen six pack or that the company that made it is now megred out of existence.

I give blue flack about lots of stuff but this time I really think there isnt much they can do. The rep was out, I have no doubts they are trying to get whatever part they need asap but its almost certainly not state side and may even have to be specially made. 

Last year a big time hill out west, I can't remember specifically but I'm sure Google can had a chair out all season. Camelback ty and all would be in the exact same situation, so would lots of super legit businesses.

Those big ass transformers that step power down from powerplants are like on a 5 year wait from Siemens. The little half moon pieces on pivot bindings for awhile you could only get them from calling Rossi in Ogden. 

I wish the sixer was running full speed too but at a certain point all we can do is be patient.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

My guess is there is a transfer case of some sort to run two different speeds. One for when it detaches in the houses and one when it's doing the main haul.

When we rode it today and before I don't hear and feel it detach. I believe it's running at the house speed all the time becuase there is something wrong with the transfer case. 

Those arent the kinda parts just sitting around, never mind that its old or that it was an early gen six pack or that the company that made it is now megred out of existence.

I give blue flack about lots of stuff but this time I really think there isnt much they can do. The rep was out, I have no doubts they are trying to get whatever part they need asap but its almost certainly not state side and may even have to be specially made. 

Last year a big time hill out west, I can't remember specifically but I'm sure Google can had a chair out all season. Camelback ty and all would be in the exact same situation, so would lots of super legit businesses.

Those big ass transformers that step power down from powerplants are like on a 5 year wait from Siemens. The little half moon pieces on pivot bindings for awhile you could only get them from calling Rossi in Ogden. 

I wish the sixer was running full speed too but at a certain point all we can do is be patient.

Yeah, I guess these things aren't super mass produced like cars or microwaves and so they're probably close to one-offs.  Valid points.