Season Passes on sale Feb 10!

indiggio

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Also if you refer a friend for a season pass you get a $30 gift card.  Somebody on Blues Facebook asked if you can use this years season pass to get a 10% discount in next years season pass...wow just wow. 

Referral info. I was hoping we could all work a system to refer each other and collect on this, but I guess not. 

81A541AE-C394-4A4B-9575-5AB7C105384A.png

4 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Your Season Pass Holder Perks!
-Leaderboard 

I'm curious how they're going to be tracking it...

EPIC has RFID readers and it tracks the vertical feet of the lift and you don't need to be connected to the internet for it to track. The tracking is connected to your pass. Over the years, I've had a mix of Epic and other mountain passes but it's interesting to look back on the seasons. 

IKON uses your phone's locations, similar to the app, SkiTracks. You have to go into your phone and click on start tracking. I've found that it's not as reliable because you need to have solid service on the mountain for it to actually track and it drains your phone battery especially in colder climates. But, it's interesting because it creates a little pie chart of difficulty. 

The Epic app connects with facebook and shows what friends are at the mountain and what lift they're on. The Ikon app, if you're tracking, will show real time what run they're going down. It's helpful for big mountains and trying to find people. But, for PASR and Blue ... I'm sure if you wait some time, you'll find your friends by the meats. 

Its partly a stupid competition but here are some screen shots of how other mountain passes track it.

IMG_2503.PNG

IMG_2504.PNG

FWIW Second email that I got yesterday from Blue removed "leaderboard" as a perk. Blue is so weird sometimes...

Skip the Ticket Lines! Season Pass Holders Go Direct-to-Slope.
-1 FREE Buddy Day Pass
-Access the VIP Line at High-Speed Chair Lifts
-FREE Snowtubing 
-10% Discount on food including Slopeside Pub & Grill
-10% Discount on Summer Adventures
-10% Discount at True Blue Sports Stores: Hard & Soft Goods and Equipment
-10% Discount on Lift Tickets & Rentals
-10% Discount on Summer Activities 
-Access to Season Pass holder party March 15th, 2020

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

FWIW Second email that I got yesterday from Blue removed "leaderboard" as a perk. Blue is so weird sometimes...

Skip the Ticket Lines! Season Pass Holders Go Direct-to-Slope.
-1 FREE Buddy Day Pass
-Access the VIP Line at High-Speed Chair Lifts
-FREE Snowtubing 
-10% Discount on food including Slopeside Pub & Grill
-10% Discount on Summer Adventures
-10% Discount at True Blue Sports Stores: Hard & Soft Goods and Equipment
-10% Discount on Lift Tickets & Rentals
-10% Discount on Summer Activities 
-Access to Season Pass holder party March 15th, 2020

I like how they talk about discounts on hard and soft goods. Summer adventures and summer activities are two different things??? 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Bud Wise errrrrrr

I had a Budwiser frog screensaver on my computer when I was 13 but it made me put in my birthday to make sure I was 21 and allowed to see an alcoholic advertisement. I couldn't lie so I never got to experience the full greatness of the frogs.

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I had a Budwiser frog screensaver on my computer when I was 13 but it made me put in my birthday to make sure I was 21 and allowed to see an alcoholic advertisement. I couldn't lie so I never got to experience the full greatness of the frogs.

And there was that one Budweiser commercial where the brothers were like Wazup..Wazup that was grate 

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 11:53 AM, Justo8484 said:

they've had the tech to do some sort of leaderboard thing (I assume like epic mix) for years since they switched to RFID passed. Always wondered why they never actually did it, as it would give them something to differentiate from the local competition. No more fudging your stats on PASR!

You know, originally I also thought this would be easy. 

But then, as I sat at the gates furiously trying in vain to get it to read my card, I realized that this would never work since they are opened manually half the time....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Benm said:

You know, originally I also thought this would be easy. 

But then, as I sat at the gates furiously trying in vain to get it to read my card, I realized that this would never work since they are opened manually half the time....

Last night I was going through the gate that worked for everybody because it was down.  I could have had a Weis market saver card last night and got through.