Whiteface Mountain, NY

Zonked

Skied whiteface last weekend for the first time - super cool east coast mountain. Great snow coverage. Mountain was not 100% open but the trails were well maintained and little to no ice. Also tried skinning Sunday morning which was super awesome. Hard but well worth it.

In case you make plans to visit Lake Placid or Whiteface  - my brother and sister in law own a house 10 min driving distance to mountain and 20 min drive to Lake Placid. Nice cabin feel and pet friendly : Link to VRBO

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Love me some Face and plan on spending a lot of time up there after this season. May look into your Bro's place...Looks like a nice spot for an PASR ADK gathering.

I would love that.I’ve been wanting to do an east coast skifari.  Gotta get some girls to go, though. 

• Like 2

I would love that.I’ve been wanting to do an east coast skifari.  Gotta get some girls to go, though. 

NY skifari is what I'm thinking for me either this season (less likely since I have other plans) or next season and seasons thereafter (most likely)...multiple days at WF / LP. Drive south. Hotel near Gore. Ski Gore a day or 2, drive home. Potential stop in the Skillz.
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...

Strongly considering Whiteface 2/10 through 2/12 - Wed, Thurs, & Friday. Cobble Mountain Lodge is available @RidgeRacer. Just need to submit a vacation request for work and I think I'ma book it soon.

That cabin Zonked posted looks badass.  With 3 people splitting the cost it would be very affordable.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Strongly considering Whiteface 2/10 through 2/12 - Wed, Thurs, & Friday. Cobble Mountain Lodge is available @RidgeRacer. Just need to submit a vacation request for work and I think I'ma book it soon.

That cabin Zonked posted looks badass.  With 3 people splitting the cost it would be very affordable.

You me and Matt edge could split it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You me and Matt edge could split it. 

There are 4 bedrooms so we could all sleep in separate bedrooms, and the women that Matt Edge picks up every night could even get their own room as well.

Edited by saltyant

Strongly considering Whiteface 2/10 through 2/12 - Wed, Thurs, & Friday. Cobble Mountain Lodge is available [mention=264]RidgeRacer[/mention]. Just need to submit a vacation request for work and I think I'ma book it soon.

Have fun. I got cobble mountain booked in March.
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

12 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Edit if other PASRs were interested in that cabin I could be down. Was gonna post up in the fall to see of anyone was interested but the whole worldwide pandemic, travel restrictions thing had me thinking that probably wasn't a good idea.

Go on....

• Like 1