Whiteface Mountain, NY

Zonked

Just grabbed a room @ Cobble Mountain Lodge for 2/2 to 2/5. Not many options left except for cabins which are lots of $$$.

I was gonna go the following week, but don't want to risk crowds the Friday before President's day weekend. 

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just grabbed a room @ Cobble Mountain Lodge for 2/2 to 2/5. Not many options left except for cabins which are lots of $$$.

I was gonna go the following week, but don't want to risk crowds the Friday before President's day weekend. 

How much was your room?  I’m gonna check the cobble mountain website.  I’m not kidding about wanting to go to whiteface this season.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How much was your room?  I’m gonna check the cobble mountain website.  I’m not kidding about wanting to go to whiteface this season.  

It's $97 a night after taxes and fees or whatever. Very reasonably priced considering it's modern and comfortable. There's even a firepit in the middle of the place but I didn't feel like socializing with random people when I stayed there in September.

Edited by saltyant

Dude book it. Buy your lift tix too before they sell out. You too[mention=511]toast21602[/mention]
and anyone who wants to ski up there. You should know that Cobble mountain is in lake placid technically but it's just outside of town. You're not walking out of your room and into the heart of the action. It's a 2 or 3 minute drive to food and all of that. Cobble mountain is on the way to white face...about 10 min drive. It's pretty quiet there which is good during hockey season when every high school and middle school in the northeast descends on the lp

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Dude book it. Buy your lift tix too before they sell out. You too[mention=511]toast21602[/mention]
and anyone who wants to ski up there. You should know that Cobble mountain is in lake placid technically but it's just outside of town. You're not walking out of your room and into the heart of the action. It's a 2 or 3 minute drive to food and all of that. Cobble mountain is on the way to white face...about 10 min drive. It's pretty quiet there which is good during hockey season when every high school and middle school in the northeast descends on the lp

I really need to look into it. I gotta do something other than Blue. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I’m not booking anything way in advance this season. I don’t care if the price goes up..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

It is. I meant 2/8. Looked at the wrong approved day off from work. We’ll be enroute back from Denver on the 5th

@enjoralas- what’s your Colorado plan? I’ll be in the Denver area from feb 1 until I drive back to Philly. Hoping to ski Abasin if I can snag a reservation 

• Like 1